Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
    DWG Warrior
    Tried something a little different - after seeing Mind The Gap and Mid90s within the last month I was inspired to catch up with Skatemaster Tate & The Concrete Crew's LP Do The Skate (4th & Broadway 1991). Very unusual - I was expecting something with a Dust Brothers / Matt Dike & Michael Ross vibe but it's on its own tip. Some of it reminded me of a looser Quantic Soul Orchestra (on the instrumental tip). Some of the skits go on for a bit like Irv's but the session band is superb. It's no classic and there's probably a reason why it's a cheap, easy to find LP. It's too 'out there'!
    Thanks for reading.

DWG Warrior
    Edan ft. Skillz Ferguson - Adrenaline Rush (2001)

All the Edan & Skillz Ferguson songs were good, but this was my fave.

Quote Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
    Tried something a little different - after seeing Mind The Gap and Mid90s within the last month I was inspired to catch up with Skatemaster Tate & The Concrete Crew's LP Do The Skate (4th & Broadway 1991). Very unusual - I was expecting something with a Dust Brothers / Matt Dike & Michael Ross vibe but it's on its own tip. Some of it reminded me of a looser Quantic Soul Orchestra (on the instrumental tip). Some of the skits go on for a bit like Irv's but the session band is superb. It's no classic and there's probably a reason why it's a cheap, easy to find LP. It's too 'out there'!
    Thanks for reading.
    I definitely give this album a thumbs down, I heard it when it came out but only picked it up a few years ago when I saw it for 50p, I bought it hoping it might have a nice joint on that I overlooked at the time of release, but nah this album still doesn't work for me.

DWG Warrior
    ref: Skatemaster Tate LP.
    I still have this in the pile ready for a second spin before it gets filed for a while. I will try to remember to single out the tracks that caught my ear. I did think it was stronger instrumentally than vocally for sure. Hope you are well!
    Last edited by Copacetic; 25-05-19 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Copacetic View Post
    ref: Skatemaster Tate LP.
    I still have this in the pile ready for a second spin before it gets filed for a while. I will try to remember to single out the tracks that caught my ear. I did think it was stronger instrumentally than vocally for sure. Hope you are well!
    Im going to pull it out and give it a spin , not checked it in a few years since I bought it.

DWG Warrior
    Joe’s Jam was my joint...
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...