Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Cool New User,oldschool collector back on it......

Hello,it's been a long time.....
    Been collecting hiphop on vinyl since 84,kept all my records.
    Probably like everyone when ebay and the net came along,managed to fill a few gaps,then of course,you always discover stuff you never heard or never had and the addiction starts.
    Used to be on the old VE forum(was it called that?)
    Anyway in short,it just got too expensive for me in the 2000s so I stopped buying.
    Got into oldschool BMX bikes,had fun with that,but,again,prices are getting stupid now.
    So then I discovered DISCOGS,and thought I would catalogue my collection,and FOOKING HELL,prices have dropped dramatically!!
    I have actually nearly cried when uploading wax I paid 30-50 for and seeing 36 copies for sale from 4-73.
    But hey it's not about the money,it's about the music right?
    So looking at the prices again,fook it I am going to start buying again,as there still seems to be shitloads I don't have,and shitloads of unreleased stuff out there that I am interested in.
    Quite excited to be here,so hopefully I will post a bit,pick a few brains,and share some knowledge,if anyone wants to peep my collection,I will post up my DISCOGS profile name if that's the done thing?
    Hiphop for me was best in the early 80s to early 90s and I am particularly interested in the random type Paul C stuff 88 era,and luckily I have picked up a few from those days when they were out ,and later when prices were low and no one was after it.
    The DJ IVORY mixes blew the prices up though in my opinion,but it created a market.
    Anyway I am rambling,will have a browse on the forums and see you around....

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Welcome mate, It's a nice little community we have here, and you've definetly come to a place that has like minded thinking people.

DWG Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfatolly View Post
    Got into oldschool BMX bikes,had fun with that,but,again,prices are getting stupid now.
    Welcome aboard! On a side note, what's the price range for an old white GT Pro Performer? Late 80s... well loved.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    Welcome aboard! On a side note, what's the price range for an old white GT Pro Performer? Late 80s... well loved.
    Depends what model,what it has on it etc,at a guess I would say 350 to 500.....

DWG Founding Member
    Cool! Appreciate the info. It's all in pieces in storage at the moment. Looks like I'll have to do some research.

And now back to your regularly scheduled hip hop program...

DWG Warrior
    Welcome.

What part of the country are you from?

My brother got a Pro Performer right when all the lilac/Bright green frames/Skyways came out. I remember it cost 425 quid in total from Faze 7. He bought just about everyone of the best parts you could have on that bike.

He was shit

DWG Warrior
    Welcome bigfatolly. I had a superburner, the gold & black one, I used paint stripper to take off the gold plastic over the chrome, then stuck skyway stickers on it! Sad. Always wanted an e.t kuwahara, eventually got a real haro frame with tuff wheels. Lavender tuffs & mushroom grips were the shiznit. Could never afford flite crank, or z rims.

I started skating in '85, but still rode my BMX until '98 or so. After a series of Burners, I saved up paper round cash for a couple of years and got a second-hand Haro Master. I loved all that Anarchic Adjustment/Alpine Action/Swatch fluro era around '87/88.

After snapping the frame (right by the headtube – gutted!), I got a Bully with a bashguard, which weighed a ton.

I built up a fixed gear bike a few years back, partly because it's so light and fun to ride... but mostly because it looks like a big BMX.

DWG Warrior
    Welcome olly, sounds like a lot of us are coming from similar interests with hip hop and old school BMX stuff. Swatches too, haha. I used to ride in the late 80s and I have a couple freestyle bikes now (old GT Performer and a DK Opsis). Enjoy the forum