Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr NO View Post
    co sign with 'Funk Your Head Up'. I think this maybe worse than Kid Capri's 'The Tape' if that is possible!! Another later Cold Chillin album with a terrible pressing is Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - 'Live & Let Die' Is the repress that came out a few years ago any better?
    It's a 2LP so should be, I don't own it to compare unfortuenately http://www.discogs.com/Kool-G-Rap-DJ...elease/3412382

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    There's one of the Ultras compilations on Tuff City that's even worse than Funk Your Head Up. Pressed so badly that even Madame Fanny from 'Allo 'Allo couldn't hear it.
    b sides companion on next plateau is stupendously low volume, 7 tracks a side!? :O

DWG Warrior
    I used to play out a bit back in the day and used to play albums out a fair bit .
    2 albums that spring to mind that were very quiet were 3rd Bass Cactus album,I used to play Sons of Third Bass and you couldn't hear it.
    Also the Mellow Man Ace album for the track "Rhymefighter" I remember playing it at a UNI gig for the first time and people actually thought I had stopped playing music and started walking off the dance floor....

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djricochet View Post
    b sides companion on next plateau is stupendously low volume, 7 tracks a side!? :O
    THAT's the one I was thinking of. Was so excited finding that after hearing Bait was on it only to find it was a remix that you needed the world's most powerful hearing aid to actually listen to.

A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing sounds like crap on record and CD compared to the Cassette version. Album badly needs remastering.

DWG Warrior
    2pacalypse Now promo OG + Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. OG. worst and most quiet pressings i can imagine.

Also the Beatnuts Stone Crazy album...never checked another copy but on mine the b-side is awfully quiet!

DWG Warrior
    2LP Canadian promo for the win with that one Frank (Stone Crazy)

Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. is really bad but the worst one must be E. 1999 Eternal just awful!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    2LP Canadian promo for the win with that one Frank (Stone Crazy)
    you have a spare anybody?....

just compared Ultras FJHU promo with the EU PC version. i imagine the promo is the slightest of a bit better but it can also be that im hallucinating. anyway if you have the EU PC version you dont really need the promo.

Let The Rhythm Hit Em LP mine is a UK pressing should maybe think about getting a US copy although heard that wasn't any better from several folk. Also the 2nd Jungle Brothers LP , fear of a black planet....the list goes on!

Listening to the CD/digital version of Organised Stress LP recently and it blew my vinyl copy away.

I heard somewhere that record companies started to use less vinyl in the production process to invest the money saved into cd production. 80's 90's bad time for vinyl generally.

My copy of Nu-Sounds / Mackin' is terrible quality, thought it might be my copy that is bad but clips on YouTube don't sound great either.

All Samples Cleared gets my vote as quietest pressing ever.