Welcome to the DWG Forums.

Thread: Ello Ello Ello

DWG Warrior

Ello Ello Ello

Hi DWG World
    New member on this site, big hip hop fan.
    I recognise a few members on here from dealing with transactions on Discogs.
    I purchased some DWG vinyl on Discogs and the flyers within the records directed me to this website, hence here I am.

In the bloody nicK of time, just managed to purchase the last red vinyl copy of the Tragedy EP, it was destiny

In respect to the Tragedy EP, especially the track At Large, im hoping that its the sAMe version Tim Westwood use to play on his rap show.
    I was pretty pissed to be honest, because Westwood was playing an awesome version to promote the track, and what was released in comparison was not even close.
    Spent years looking for it, so im praying the DWG version is IT.

welcome RR!

the Trag is the right version

DWG Warrior
    Thanks for the welcome RussRockWell & Raredave

I've been hunting THE At Large version for over 20 years.

Westwood was pumping it on Capital FM back in the day and I hyped it like a mother to my friends.
    Friends were like 'bring it on', so I got my copy of the single from R&D in Raynerslane and went back to my place with the boys.

Put the needle to the groove, mother F~#king biggest anti climax ever.
    I was stunned, pissed off and also boys thought i'd lost my touch on purchasing hards beats and lyrics.
    The official release of At Large is good, but if you heard THE VERSION before, then you understand where im coming from.
    A bit like taking a hot honey home with you only to find its a lady boy, meaning close, but no cigar.

Since then I purchased the original release, promo release and even test press.
    All the bloody same...........................

UNTIL FKIN NOW .......................... BIG UP TO DWG

Trag Ep is the dogs bollocks and its THE VERSION.

Many many thanks, I have spent decades hunting it.

Also the Juice Crew Ep and Big Daddy Kane, Set it Off are awesome releases as well.

I am DWG for life because you guys deal in my kind of hip hop.

Dont know why I never came across you guys earlier.

Also thanks Chris for the DWG Sampler, that album is so tight, faultless and no fillers.

DWG FOR LIFE!!!!
    Last edited by Naieem; 06-09-15 at 10:30 AM.

Appreciate the kind words sir, def got some releases coming up you'll like

DWG Warrior
    youre welcome dave

liking the releases so far, phill most chill, dj format, rampagers.

up tempo hip hop, never truely been into "lazy rap, hip hop".

Been following Dj Format for a while now, very good, hoping to see him at Jazz Cafe in November.

I just hope he comes with a flight case of records and not a lap top.

Saw Dj Shadow with Cut Chemist earlier this year, was awesome, two Dj's, six turntables and just great skills.

I know Dj Format is a little different in style, but still please no lap tap, though I do understand that Format and Abdominal are performing
    their own tracks and that its not a Dj mash up / mix up set, but still would like to see and hear some Dj skills.

Saw Jazzy Jeff at Jazz Cafe a couple of months ago, and was disappointed.
    I was expecting the great Jazzy Jeff, a flight case of records and two turntables.
    All I got was Jazzy Jeff, a lap top and two turntables.
    Pretty much watching a bloke reading sound waves all night and a touch of scratching.
    Wasnt much better then the in house Jazz Cafe Djs.
    I felt a tad ripped off and left in disgust.

Public Enemy was good, and I always appreciate Dj Lord when he does his thing.

This is the finest year ive had in hip hop for probably over 20 years, watching great acts, getting into purchasing vinyl again and discovering DWG.

Maestro Big Daddy Kane is coming to town as well this November, looking forward to that.

DWG Warrior
    Format still uses vinyl, should be a great show. Think I'm doing support for the Birmingham gig again

Kane puts on a great show too, enjoy

DWG Warrior
    Cheers Cro
    Thats very cool youre supporting, not London as well?
    I have no idea who are supporting acts for London to be honest.