Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    DWG Warrior
    Heading Dam for a short visit with the missus next week, 10th to 13th.

Any new spots I need to check? Anything exciting happening in the evenings?

Indo food, Waxwell, Zap and Red Light Records are on the list so far.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Delta exhibition, pretty close to Waxwell

http://www.ronmandos.nl/exhibitions/boris-tellegen

Cunninlynguist play at Melkweg the 11th
    Last edited by Stylus; 31-03-18 at 03:09 PM.

DWG Warrior
    You legend Stylus! Huge fan of Delta will defo be attending that.

if you fancy a dig and a pint let me know.

DWG Warrior
    Cheers but ill be working. Another few tips are dont support any ice cream and waffle spots with or without jars of Nutella on display, dont rent a bike if you plan on going slower than 10 miles per hour, watch traffic from all 4 corners, stay on the sidewalks, dont rent a beer bike or a tuk tuk and do use the free ferries on the back of central station to visit the Eye film museum or have a wander around NDSM yards. Enjoy your stay

DWG Warrior
    Oh and Ramen are the new sushi, new spots are popping up like crazy

DWG Warrior
    Came back from Amsterdam about a month ago. Waxwell had the most hip hop 12"s in terms of volume (went to Zap, Red Light, Record Mania, Ear Drum Buzz, Voudou Vintage, Distortion, and a couple others).

I'd skip Distortion Records, as the guy is clearly a hoarder, and I had to maneuver in and around empty boxes that were kept for no good reason, vinyl stacked vertically, and other weird junk.

Record Mania and Zap had the harder to find stuff. Voudou Vintage had some 'unique' selections (right next to Red Light Records)

Red Light was the most interesting of the record spots due to the entrance being right next to a brothel (and across from a church!), complete with a woman in the window.

As for food, I would also recommend going to an Argentinian Steak House....the quality of the Argentinian beef was excellent.

Not sure why someone warned against the canal booze cruises....we found a really good one that was an open-air boat, with an open bar for only 15 Euros / hour. Well worth it in our opinion, and was our favorite way to navigate the city.

The ppl are great, language isn't a barrier, and the country in general was beautiful....would def go back without hesitation
    Last edited by djfilthyrich; 19-07-18 at 08:07 PM.

DWG Warrior
    I didn't update on my trip.

Went to the Delta exhibit and copped a signed copy of his amazing Blackbook and was given some signed posters. Dope!

If you like Graffiti books and don't own this get on it.

http://apaperbook.com/

Food:

Finally went to Kantjil & de Tijger and it was mad overrated and crazy expensive. Stick to the more low key Indo Rice Plate places, they are better.

Had Surinam Roti at Roopram and it was next level, take away in the Hotel room was the best meal we ate.

Went for a nice hipster Ramen as well at Fou Fow. Not the best I have ever eaten but decent.

Records

Waxwell was cool as usual and nice to talk to Taco but I only bought one thing.

Zap was the spot for rare hip hop, could have spent a fortune on rares but i was on a budget and just bought the Taalam LP.

Red Light is the most interesting shop for me, its boutique so don't expect a bargain just excellent obscure selections. I balled out on a minty Odyssey LP as I have coveted it for years.

Record Mania and Record Friend were cool but you need half a day in each and not a pregnant partner with you so I didn't really get stuck in.

We also went on a canal boat trip for the first time and to the Tulip fields for a day trip and they were both enjoyable.

DWG Warrior
    nice one