Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65
  1. #61
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum Slim View Post
    Been spending more time on Koala. Great app, perfect for a beginner (me) but has a lot of depth. Samurai upgrade with piano roll, time stretch and chopping is well more than worth the money it costs.

    Some of the tracks made 100% from Koala posted on the facebook and discord groups are very impressive. Bought the Akai MPD218 midi pads to use with Koala which will more than keep me going until I get the SP404 MKII.

    Wicked, glad its going well man. That Samurai upgrade is defo worth the money. what kind of beats are you making on it?

  2. #62
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by theblend View Post
    Wicked, glad its going well man. That Samurai upgrade is defo worth the money. what kind of beats are you making on it?
    Pretty amateur ones tbh . Just recording samples, chopping and finger drumming at the moment. Going to start taking part in the beatcast challenges each week on the fb/discord group.

  3. #63
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum Slim View Post
    Pretty amateur ones tbh . Just recording samples, chopping and finger drumming at the moment. Going to start taking part in the beatcast challenges each week on the fb/discord group.
    sick! nice one man, if u ever want to post up any beats here would be interested to hear what your doing

    also be well interested to know how the latency / response time is for finger drumming when hooked up to the MPD

  4. #64
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by theblend View Post
    sick! nice one man, if u ever want to post up any beats here would be interested to hear what your doing

    also be well interested to know how the latency / response time is for finger drumming when hooked up to the MPD
    Maybe wait a while before I start posting beats up Enjoying it though, making good progress (I think). Facebook/Discord groups have loads of impressive beats posted that are 100% Koala.

    MPD latency is good/low imo. Mate of mine's been producing for over 25 years and he recommended it to me.

    Now swithering over whether to buy MPC One instead of SP404 Mk2 later in the year.
    Last edited by Possum Slim; 23-01-22 at 11:37 AM.

  5. #65
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Collector Ponce
    Posts
    3,551
    Anyone else picked up one of the new SP404mkii’s ? Got a lucky score on eBay last week and paid retail not the stupid overplayed prices done sellers have been listing them at.
    I have to say so far it’s pretty much the SP I hoped Roland would eventually make, seems to be the best elements of the series (404 form factor, Screen like 505/606 etc) blended together to genuinely push the device forward instead of the half arsed attempt they have made in the past.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •