Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    DWG Warrior
    kudos on the book mate, just finished it yesterday, i've really enjoyed reading it and discovering/rediscovering all the tunes

DWG Warrior
    thanks. Sold out within 2 weeks which is much better than I ever imagined! Just waiting on the reprint at the moment.

DWG Warrior
    Nice one!
    Congratulations man, that's great news

DWG Warrior
    Masters At Work - 69 Steps (1991)

Old MAW choon I'd not heard before until recently.

DWG Warrior
    there was a ton of hip hop based D&B around 96-98, which very much took over from the reggae based stuff of 94-95. As a general rule the unofficial/sample based tunes tend to be better than remixes commissioned by major labels but for my money this was one of the best efforts. Great example of a remix that made the original and other versions obsolete. Still sounds dope today imo.

when I get my DJ mojo back and can get on the decks without fucking up or having some technical problem I fully intend to bang out a mix of this stuff.
    Last edited by step one; 07-04-21 at 02:07 PM.

DWG Warrior

This was a big one too.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    yeah, that was a big tune but true to my point there was a couple of unofficial remixes that were better., or at least livelier and more fitting with what would get played in a main room. The official remixes always seem a bit constrained for some reason, like the producers wouldn't go all out on some mad bass or heavy drums like they would on their own tunes. Maybe they thought it would scare the major labels off or they've been asked for something that might get played on daytime radio.