Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post

official street date for the book is today! I wanted to get a new mix done but having a few tech issues with recording levels on the new mixer/laptop set up so pulled up this one I did 20 odd years ago instead. A load of anthems from the 93-95 golden era of jungle...

https://whosayreload.uk/more-fire-93...-classics-mix/

1. Renegade ft Ray Keith – Terrorist [Moving Shadow]
    2. Omni Trio – Renegade Snares (Foul Play remix) [Moving Shadow]
    3. Firefox & 4Tree – Warning [Philly Blunt]
    4. Q Project – Champion Sound (Alliance remix) [Legend]
    5. DJ Krome & Mr Time – Ganja Man [Tearin Vinyl]
    6. Dead Dred – Dred Bass [Moving Shadow]
    7. New Blood – Worries In The Dance (remix) [London Something]
    8. Sound Of The Future – The Lighter [Formation]
    9. Urban Shakedown – Some Justice ’95 [Urban Shakedown]
    10. Leviticus – Burial [Philly Blunt]
    11. DMS & Boneman X – Sweet Vibrations (remix) [Sure Shot]
    12. Origin Unknown – Valley of The Shadows [Ram]
    13. DJ Zinc – Super Sharp Shooter [Ganja]
    14. Invisible Man – The Bell Tune [Good Looking]
    15. DJ Nut Nut – Special Dedication [Hard Step]
    16. P Funk – P Funk Era [Frontline]
    17. Splash – Babylon (remix) [Deejay]
    18. Prizna ft Demolition Man – Fire (Urban Shakedown remix) [Labello Blanco]
    19. Alex Reece – Pulp Fiction [Metalheadz]
    20. DJ Hype – Rrroll The Beats (remix) [Suburban Base]
    21. DJ Krust – Set Speed [V Recordings]
    22. Blackstar ft Top Cat – Champion DJ [Congo Natty]
    that was the most fun i've had working all week, perfect sounds for getting shit done.

DWG Warrior
    glad you enjoyed. Sometimes an hour of anthems and classics works fine if you haven't heard them a million times.

DWG Warrior
    yeah, great stuff. Was a trip down memory lane!

DWG Warrior
    What's the DWG on consensus on Daft Punk then?

I like the first 2 albums. Never got around to buying the 3rd but the main 12" from that album is my favourite DP song

Daft Punk - Robot Rock

Obviously NEVER wanna hear Get Lucky again in my life.

Very good live act too. Also very good DJs when they played Bugged Out in Manchester.
    Last edited by BB; 08-03-21 at 09:16 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Can take or leave them really. I liked some stuff on the first LP when it came out but not much after that other than Face To Face, which is dope. Probably prefer some of their Roule 12"s and stuff like Alan Braxe's Intro or those Cassius singles

DWG Warrior
    Something About Us is another personal fave

Always wondered whether Thomas Bangalter regrets not saving Stardust's Music Sounds Better With You for Daft Punk. Legit 10/10 anthem.

DWG Warrior
    was clever the way he licensed that single to Virgin for the chart release but didn't let them have the vinyl for it, so that stayed on his own label and Virgin basically did all the mainstream promo for him and got it on the radio, while Roule pressed and sold the 12"s and as it was during the peak dance music DJs buying vinyl era and he must've stacked big bank as a result. Probably got Virgin to pay for the sample clearance too.

Top tune but I couldn't listen to it for a few years after it dropped as it was absolutely everywhere for most of that year, as were some dodgy bootleg mash up things like the one using Madonna's Holiday acapella.

DWG Warrior
    Daft Punk are cool but I think the gnashing and wailing at their end is a bit extreme.

They are very white person music, just like their heroes Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards they took all the swing out of funky disco and made it too metronomic. House for people that can't really dance.

Love lots of the Roule 12"s but the best record from the French House thing was Motorbass - Pansoul .

Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    was clever the way he licensed that single to Virgin for the chart release but didn't let them have the vinyl for it, so that stayed on his own label and Virgin basically did all the mainstream promo for him and got it on the radio, while Roule pressed and sold the 12"s and as it was during the peak dance music DJs buying vinyl era and he must've stacked big bank as a result. Probably got Virgin to pay for the sample clearance too.
    Hah, didn't know that. Always good to see artists pimpin' major labels rather than vice versa.

One thing I'll say, as far as French dance choonz went, none of the singles from DP's first album were as big as Laurent Garnier's Crispy Bacon here up north. That tune was HUGE in the filthy little clubs like Voodoo + Bugged Out and at the big superclub Cream.

Never liked Daft Punk other than the Harder Better Faster track.