Welcome to the DWG Forums.

View Poll Results: Licensed To Ill or Raising Hell?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Licensed To Ill

17 54.84%
  • Raising Hell

14 45.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Actually what am I talking about? '86?? I was probably still listening to Wham and Erasure...

DWG Warrior
    raising hell of course

DWG Warrior

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RussRockWell View Post
    Not from '86 but pulled 2 Live Crew out the crate on Saturday night for the crowd, gave em this... Amen Brother!

Nice action

DWG Warrior
    Tough choice but Raising Hell for me.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Really tough choice for me, but I'll go with 'Licence To Ill' as I actually bought it on tape. Quite a few of my school mates copied this tape from me and was all over my school. A few of my mates even broke into the heads office and played 'No Sleep Till Brooklyn' over the school intercom!! Happy days indeed
    Having said this my good mate 'Plum' gave me a copy of 'Raising Hell' and it blew my young mind!! Two stone cold classics that soundtracked my youth. Wish I still had my 'Together Forever' T-Shirt!

DWG Warrior
    Beasties, only because I'm not a huge fan of Raising Hell. If it would have been the first or second Run-D.M.C. album I would have voted Run-D.M.C. easy.

DWG Contributor
    Really hard this one - both bona fide classics IMO and played a huge part in my life.....dead heat for me! Sorry.....
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.facebook.com/solidnmindrap

www.whirlwindd.bandcamp.com

www.kanefm.com

I can't even make a fair decision on this. Each lp was so dope and had stuff the other lp didn't. The Paul Revere backwards beat.. The Mardi Gras bells on peter piper... The Tempo change on "The New Style" ...The Ill Go Go groove on "Is it live".. Hit it Run was crazy.. "Hold it now Hit It" was crazy..

I had to vote for "Raising Hell" only because I have more fond memories of hearing it for the first time before License to Ill. Other than that, both are neck to neck ILL!

DWG Warrior
    Has to be Raising hell for me, I know Licensed to ill was great but the beats were nowhere near as hard as Run dmc, Raising hell was exactly what i wanted to hear back in '86 whereas The Beasties were always more hip hop for people who weren't that into hip hop if that makes sense.
    I ain't new to this.