Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Bonjour, bon bons and all that good stuff

Hey folks.

Sometime host of Strictly Business Radio Show & co-host of Burnt Toast Breakfast Show. Both based in Brighton, UK. Strictly Biz is 100% Hip Hop whereas Burnt Toast is a far more eclectic affair (soul, funk, jazz, hip hop, reggae, bit of rock stuff (no Quo though)). Getting a lot harder to record nowadays as the Mrs had our first baby in March so it's tough to get out of the house (not that I'm complaining). Have put a couple of EPs of US artists in a collabo with B-Line Recordings (the imaginatively titled Strictly Business EPs Vol 1 & Vol 2). Despite having some awesome tunes on em, those bad-boys didn't exactly fly off the shelves so gonna relaunch when the next project drops, a 7" from Eyes Low, a crew from Passaic, New Jersey due out Mid-June. I've been buying vinyl for about 25 years now but with the aforementioned baby taking priority & space I reckon some of that is gonna have to see it's way onto discogs. As much as I want her to inherit my collection, I see her future listening to Hendrix shredding guitar, not Bushwick Bill shredding guts so there will be a thinning out, no doubt. (I'll direct you immediately to a signed copy of The Grumbleweeds. Don't sleep! https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/339742429).

Always been about the East Coast for me really but decent Hip Hop comes from all over (as does the shite) & I reckon that Hip Hop has never been dead, it's just been a bit harder to find since every tom, dick & harry worked out how to use Garage Band...I could go on, but I won't.

Peace

BBJ
    Last edited by blackbeltjonez; 25-05-16 at 03:37 PM. Reason: unwarrented links - gonna relocate em!

DWG Warrior
    welcome on board!

DWG Warrior
    Thanks dude. How you keeping? Been a while & a bit

DWG Warrior
    all good mate! if you want to post the mixclouds of the radio shows this is the thread for it where all the members post recommendation for podcast/radio shows and mixes to listen to...i'm sure people on here will appreciate the selections as i do peace
    http://forum.diggerswithgratitude.co...ecommendations

DWG Warrior
    Cheers bud I'll chuck em up over there

Welcome and thanks for the introduction! You're in good company on here!

DWG Warrior
    Welcome!
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanks Bob

DWG Warrior
    Welcome . The Strictly Business EPs Vol 1 & Vol 2 are dope! Props