Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

E.D Math - 'Behind Bars'

I've just picked this up for a good price (cheers Dr Krome) after being on the wants list for a while. Can anyone confirm if this is Pete Rock's first appearance on vinyl (scratches) ? I'm sure I've read somewhere Pete said he wasn't involved in this.

Also, does anyone know what date this actually dropped? Discogs says 85, but it sounds later to me, maybe 87? Regardless, dope record.

Looking at this interview, Pete neither denied or confirmed it...

Pete Rock

Hmmmm, I don’t really remember this track. I don’t think it’s me really (laughs). Please let me see this. I’m not sure, but it doesn’t ring a bell. It’s maybe somebody else doing the cuts with the same name? What year is it? 1985? I’m sorry; I don’t think I’m involved into this. I have to listen to this again, but I don’t remember having anything to do with this (laughs). But I’ve seen this before. I can’t confirm anything sorry!
    I'd heard repeatedly in the past that it is Pete on there, but wasn't there another guy called Peter Rock as well?

Dope record, regardless. Nice find.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Yeah there is a Peter Rock, who made a Electronic / Miami Bass record with Amos Larkin, and that one is definitely not Pete Rock.
    I've always heard and that E.D. math was Pete Rock's first track

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Looking at this interview, Pete neither denied or confirmed it...

I'd heard repeatedly in the past that it is Pete on there, but wasn't there another guy called Peter Rock as well?

Dope record, regardless. Nice find.
    Cheers Chris, yeah that was the interview.. Also some discussion on the Old School Hip Hop Message Board 12 years ago!!..http://oldschoolhiphop.forumco.com/t...?TOPIC_ID=6649... I've always thought it was Pete Rock's first track and that's why it has been on the want list for years. I see RD has asked Pete on Instagram if it his him on the cut!!

DWG Warrior
    No way that dropped in 85!

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by djd-lite View Post
    No way that dropped in 85!
    ^My thoughts as well.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr NO View Post
    I've just picked this up for a good price (cheers Dr Krome) after being on the wants list for a while. Can anyone confirm if this is Pete Rock's first appearance on vinyl (scratches) ? I'm sure I've read somewhere Pete said he wasn't involved in this.

Also, does anyone know what date this actually dropped? Discogs says 85, but it sounds later to me, maybe 87? Regardless, dope record.
    Dang you beat me to that one on the bay,I should have upped my bid lol.

Great track,it is on a boot compilation as well I think....

DWG Warrior
    I'd always thought it wasn't "the" Pete Rock, and I'm almost certain I read that somewhere a few years back
    ...they talk about me over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea, I'm Mercury over cups of tea...

hey... I've not heard this track for years, does anyone have an mp3 please??

thanks

RD

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    hey... I've not heard this track for years, does anyone have an mp3 please??

thanks

RD
    Still looking? Found it on my local tracker: https://aconstipatedmonkey.blogspot....bars-1985.html
    Last edited by Madsketch; 29-01-22 at 11:01 PM.