Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

what about the allegation afrika bambaataa is gay and pedophile?

Meanwhile there a lot of videos where people claim bambaataa is gay and pedophile.
    Whats the story behind all this?

DWG Warrior
    We're not allowed to talk about that on DWG. The last thread got locked after various posters suggested all Bambaataa's victims were liars.

^ not sure that was the case, I think people started getting a but argumentative and name calling ensued.

DWG Warrior
    Maybe it's for the best that such a classic thread ended with a post about John Leslie protective phone socks.

http://forum.diggerswithgratitude.co...ht=john+leslie

A lot folk involved in the New York music scene have been aware Bam was gay for a long time now. Considering his musical output hasn't been relevent to a traditional Hip Hop audience since 1986 a lot of folk haven't really paid much attention to Bam or his lifestyle. The gay part isn't relevant and the allegations are just allegations, what was the outcome after that YouTube confession?

Bam being gay a is non issue.
    The peado stuff unfortunately looks to be true, Bam needs to catch a bad one.

DWG Warrior
    there is a dude who claimed to be raped by bambaataa and bambaataa said he doesn't know him and their name is on the same flyer from back in those days ...that's a bad look imo
    i'm more concerned about krs one defending bambaataa...probably in a desperate case to save the fantasy world of hip hop he's been "teaching" around the world...dude is a disgrace...such a shame because he made some amazing music in his career but haven't put anything decent in 20 years

DWG Warrior
    Bam being gay is a nonissue, who cares, as for the abuse allegations without a court case and legal process to determine his innocence or guilt, that's all they are, allegations.
    Personally it has no effect on my life either way and I doubt it really has any noticeable impact on anyone else who posts here either.

DWG Warrior
    yeah nobody cares if he's gay or not...i'm not a us law expert, but isn't this a case where too much time have passed and they can't go to court?

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    yeah nobody cares if he's gay or not...i'm not a us law expert, but isn't this a case where too much time have passed and they can't go to court?
    I believe that to be the case so people like Ron Savage (Bee Stinger) and Poppy dont have legal case against him but there are potentially people who do.