Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    Bam being gay a is non issue.
    The peado stuff unfortunately looks to be true, Bam needs to catch a bad one.
    this

DWG Warrior
    Will Bam's music now be written outta history like Gary Glitter's has been? You won't ever catch me ridin' round town blasting Planet Rock again.

All the kids who Bam nonced sacrificed themselves to put the final nail in the coffin of da 4 elementz. Give them all whatever the 'Murican equivalent of a knighthood is.
    Last edited by BB; 21-09-16 at 03:54 PM.

DWG Warrior
    how much actually was done by bam on planet rock apart from the rapping? wasn't it all planet patrol and arthur baker on production ?

DWG Warrior
    This saddens me big time. I just browsed around the news feeds Google spat out on me on this and found 2 separate allegations and nothing new since April and May of this year. All claims say it was in the late 70s when it happened. Not sure what will become of this if anything but it certainly saddens me.

I remember the first time I heard the allegations against Bill Cosby and I was not ready to hear it. For those who don't know he has some killer funk records and I watched his comedy routines with my family growing up so that was a hard pill to swallow. (No pun intended)

Then more and more allegations came out until finally you knew it was really happening. So it's kind of hard to enjoy his funk knowing what we now know, and likewise he seemly disappeared from syndicated TV. That man will now die as fallen from grace legend, sad, alone and ruined.

Will this be like that where more people come forward and eventually people will only think of that allegation when Planet Rock comes on? I really fucking hope not, I don't want to see that happen to Bam. Music aside, he certainly oversaw a lot of good social and community work for inner city kids for years that is undeniably true, hopefully that doesn't get overshadowed by this but if any more news comes out on this matter you know it will.

Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post

Music aside, he certainly oversaw a lot of good social and community work for inner city kids for years that is undeniably true, hopefully that doesn't get overshadowed by this but if any more news comes out on this matter you know it will.
    It already has been over shadowed by his activity with young boys, his work in the community will now always be under suspicion/tarnished.
    There are also more than two allegations, folks talking bout loads of stuff from being locked up in brazil, being up to no good in London and older zulu/hip hop guys talking bout shit that happened in the past.

Now, we have no real evidence at the moment, and anything that can be asserted without evidence acannd be dismissed without evidence but Im afraid a lot of this weak evidence (personal testimony on social media) seems to add up and over lap, and I HATE to say that, Id love to poke holes in the allegations but the more one looks into all the worse it all looks.

The silence from Bams contemporaries is deafening and anyone who listened to the recent Zulu conference call would be flabbergasted at the stuff Bam had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    how much actually was done by bam on planet rock apart from the rapping? wasn't it all planet patrol and arthur baker on production ?
    I wonder how much Bam actually did on much of his work, obviously his vocals are on a handful of tracks but beyond that Id bet he was not much more than an ideas man, that said one of my all time wants Bambatta;s Theme is now off my wantslist.

DWG Warrior
    The whole situation is terrible and how it's been handled, watched quite a few video's and listened to bits of the conference call Francois mentioned above. KRS's opinions are crazy and very messed up

DWG Warrior
    The Bam thing is unbelievably messed, but I'm glad KRS also got mentioned. To suggest that the actions of a person don't affect the things they create and their achievements in music? Seriously? As I'm sure other haven't forgotten, this is the same dude who made "13 and Good"...

DWG Warrior
    I hope KRS gets PM Dawn-ed off his own stage at his Liverpool show tonight.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I hope KRS gets PM Dawn-ed off his own stage at his Liverpool show tonight.
    This. Forever this. RIP Prince Be, too