Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thats a decent article for anyone needing to get up to speed on things.

I still baffled at the silence from Bams contemporaries, how can Jazzy Jay and all them guys not have known about this stuff being real (at this point Im believing Bams activities are for the most part true) and not just rumours, that said its speculated that Bam has dirt (not necessarily peado stuff) on many which is what is making them keep quiet. Back in the days he could supposably make people disappear but I doubt hes had such power for decades).
    Pow Wow has said some stuff (or at least Poppy has reported he has) if he (Pow Wow) knew some stuff that went down there is a strong likelihood other knew also.

DWG Warrior
    this is why they've never said a word (from the article) : "Bam took the kids who were struggling—the kids who didn't have good parents and had nothing," said one longtime DJ associate of Bambaataa's, who requested anonymity. "It's all about the money. These guys [in Zulu Nation] are on the payroll—doing security, carrying equipment. A lot of them have felony records. They can't get other jobs. They needed that paycheck. So they would keep quiet." "

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    this is why they've never said a word (from the article) : "Bam took the kids who were struggling—the kids who didn't have good parents and had nothing," said one longtime DJ associate of Bambaataa's, who requested anonymity. "It's all about the money. These guys [in Zulu Nation] are on the payroll—doing security, carrying equipment. A lot of them have felony records. They can't get other jobs. They needed that paycheck. So they would keep quiet." "
    There must have been those not on the payroll though, supposedly half of Bronx River had an idea that something was up.

I guess Bams influence/power must have been far reaching, thinking about it Bam supposedly used Zulu contacts to get him out of the trouble he was in in brazil, so if he had that kind of power abroad I guess he could pull strings in his own back yard.

DWG Warrior
    I'd hit it...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    There must have been those not on the payroll though, supposedly half of Bronx River had an idea that something was up.
    in one way or another the all neighbourhood probably benefited from bam as the people involved have families and they wouldn't snitch and ruin a family member life..as they say "don't bite the hand that feed you"...also like it's said in the article most of the kids parents were crackheads so their last problem were their kids..it's a really sad scenario

DWG Warrior
    has the Brazil stuff ever been reported properly? If he was arrested and charged it should be on record right?

DWG Warrior
    Personally I've got no problem with him being gay but the allegations of paedophilia concern me.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

i have a few 1980s bambaata live tapes. Whats a man to do - upload em??? now then now then

DWG Warrior
    How did Afrika Bambaataa find Ronald "Bee Stinger" Savage when he was hiding behind a crate of records?

Very, very satisfying.