Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Sauce Money appreciation

How good is Sauce Money? Very good. Unfortunately he seems to fall into that group of skilled rappers that purists, backpackers and borks sleep on (see also: Black Rob, AZ, Beanie Sigel, Jadakiss etc). Presumably because of his Jay Z/Rocafella affiliation.

Thought you was Chinese the way you duck Sauce

DWG Warrior
    Shouldn't really complain about people sleeping as it means records like this are generally dirt cheap while dudes spend s on Frank & Dank 12"s and Phife Dawg solo records

Yeah Sauce is dope "Action" was a great 12" too... still need that Jay 12" with "Dead or Alive" on

DWG Warrior
    Strangely the only other place Dead Or Alive exists on vinyl is on this UK promo

https://www.discogs.com/Ja-Z-Hustle...elease/2000351

DWG Warrior
    always like against the grain and bring it on...do really "Frank & Dank 12"s and Phife Dawg solo records" go for ?

DWG Warrior
    Against The Grain and Action are both dope, didn't know a couple of other tracks here that I've just had to grip from Discogs. Sauce Money as Step One says is one of those rappers with a skilled flow and delivery who just seems to get passed over on the regular.
    My acid test for an MC is if they sound good simply rocking over a simple looped break a la the Action 12" they are usually dope and Sauce Money is.

DWG Warrior
    which dj clue tape is the first freestyle you have posted from? used to have it on tape but can't remember which one is it? is it "show me the money"?

DWG Warrior
    first time i've heard sauce money was on this

His verse on this is dope. "Flick cum on ya / drop the bomb on ya" - not sure which I'd prefer tbh.

DWG Warrior
    "While you hailin' for cabs we taxi for takeoff"

Sauce's album was a disappointment after the 12"s imo. Primo joint was generic, but the Marley track was hot.

Shit, can't believe the Marley joint ain't on YouTube.