Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DWG Warrior
    Love vinyl, bbe store, cosmos all close and worth a visit.

Went to Eldica for the first time at the weekend. Hip Hop section is huge, and whilst not full of rares it was decent bread and butter stuff.
    Im guessing they do get good shit in though as some reggae guys came in whilst I was there and were impressed with some of the reggae stuff that had come in that day, top gear by the sounds of it.

DWG Warrior
    I don't think it's just London, I think it's the proliferation of information on the internet. I'm in the States and most big cities I've been to digging haven't yielded much. Found a few rare joints at a spot in Kentucky last year for peanuts, but most spots on the East Coast are hip to the game. My local spot is awesome for pricing rare records well below Discogs, but it still takes a lot of persistence and luck to find stuff. Most finds for me are due to persistence and word-of-mouth. Going to flea markets every week, once in awhile finding out about storage units, networking, it's really a lot of work and way more than it was a few years ago.

I especially notice original press hip hop LPs have totally dried up. Even at the overpriced spots I rarely see desirable LPs

DWG Warrior
    I'm in London on Saturday and planning a small excursion to take in BBE, Eldica and Love Vinyl. I've never been to any of them so hoping to find a few nice bits.

DWG Warrior
    good luck & post pictures or it didn't happen.

DWG Warrior
    I would recommend going to Eldica first, it's a great shop but requires time to dig. Every time I have gone it was the end of my day and I didn't really buy anything because of it. Friendly owner, it's worth asking for any rarer bits that might not be out in the store. .

If you want to ball out on a Raer go to Cosmos it's silly expensive but all the records on the wall you will want to own. Don't bother with the bins unless you want to buy commons for 10 x the going rate.

Love Vinyl is awesome, if Jake is there ask if he has some behind the counter gear. Picked up some great 45's that way last time.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Good tips! I'd heard that about Cosmos so was thinking about skipping it. I don't have stacks of dough to burn. Good info on Eldica, I'd sort of got that impression from other people but will try and allow good time.