Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

DWG024 - Baritone Tiplove - Amazing Stories Vol. 1

Over the years we’ve probably been a little slow to get Phill’s unreleased vintage material to the market, whilst at the same time his present day recording career has exploded with multiple guest appearances and two landmark collaboration LPs with DJ Format and Paul Nice. However trust us when we say that there’s a LOT of Phill’s vintage material still to come out. The All Cuts Recorded Raw LP was our most well received and best selling record to date, and we hope to be able to follow that up one day with a second LP of Phill Most Chill material, but for this release we delve into Phill’s archive of unreleased Baritone Tiplove tracks. Of course Baritone is best known for his 1991 single and cassette only LP on Easy Street (for which a mysterious bootleg vinyl LP appeared some years later). However anyone who’s read Phill’s blog will know that Baritone has been in effect since the very early days of Phill’s recording career and so there’s a wealth of unreleased material that pre-dates those Easy Street releases. For this first Baritone release we take it back to ’87 with the very first two tracks the duo ever recorded (at least for those lucky enough to get the bonus 45) and a full EP of material that pre-dates those Easy Street sessions. Those who know Phill’s music know exactly what to expect, break laden, golden-era beats and those who know Tiplove’s potty-mouthed rhymes equally know what to expect lyrically (we’ll say no more!).

We would like to give a special shout out to Mr Krum for helping turn Phill’s vision for the artwork into a reality. Many of you will get the reference but for those who need a helping hand, google “Amazing Fantasy 15” and you’ll get the idea. It’s safe to say this is one of our best-looking releases to date.

Pressing details are as follows:

200 x 180g yellow vinyl copies exclusive to DWG, bundled with a bonus 45 also exclusive to DWG

Note: We have also made a small number of black bundles available for those who prefer black vinyl but don't want to miss out on the 45

300 x 140g black vinyl copies - some of which will be sold through DWG but which will also be made available for distribution

We have also dug out a few promo copies of some long sold-out DWG classics and added them to the store for people who are just discovering our music and want to catch up on the older stuff.

All vinyl is in hand and shipping will start next week

http://phillmostchill.bigcartel.com/

Last edited by raredave; 12-05-17 at 01:08 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Nice one! Copped as standard.

DWG Warrior
    dope copped the coloured vinyl bundle !! Happy New Year DWG !!

DWG Warrior
    Thanks again...
    DJ Shaker..you need to clear some space in your inbox as I can't send you a pm..

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Ordered and stupidly forgot to add recorded so did a separate order for recorded,
    Once again cheers all involved for bringing us some more dope music.

DWG Warrior
    Just copped! Would it be possible to add to the order, my homie wants to add a 45 but I had an itchy trigger finger and ordered ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-yZ View Post
    Thanks again...
    DJ Shaker..you need to clear some space in your inbox as I can't send you a pm..
    Should be fine now...

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Just copped! Would it be possible to add to the order, my homie wants to add a 45 but I had an itchy trigger finger and ordered ahead.
    Sure just place the order and I'll make sure shipping is corrected for you...

DWG Warrior
    Thanks! Just done.

Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    Sure just place the order and I'll make sure shipping is corrected for you...

DWG Warrior
    Ordered, pure dopeness ! props to the DWG crew, Mr Krum & PMC