Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Isn't the point of this thread for singles which came in a generic sleeve, rather than albums which had proper artwork on tape/CD but then got released on vinyl in a generic sleeve? What's the point in Stilts doing artwork for an album which already has artwork?

Thread needs more suggestions of generic sleeve 12"s on Profile and Tuff City, imho. Ie:

Camp Lo - Luchini
    This had a UK Pic cover sleeve, not very exciting tho. The MC Shan Stilts is doing the sleeve for also has a pic cover?!

edit: BB added the Camp lo covers, cd single one was used for the UK press too

DWG Warrior
    Scrub Luchini offa my list and replace it with Coldcrush's Fresh, Wild, Fly & Bold. I got crazy visions of a sleeve where they were cartoon versions of themselves circa the Hip Hop History documentary.

DWG Contributor
    Of course, some of these albums had picture covers on CD and cassette, and Triflin' Album did have a poster (albeit not a great one). Same for some of these singles - I think I did a short-run thread on fat lace years ago where we did cassingles with artwork that didn't make it to the sleeves - Born to roll, Akinyele, Audio 2 top billin' etc.

DWG Contributor
    Sorry, I somehow missed page two. I'll post a few then

DWG Contributor

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Beater Pan View Post
    Also in need of picture covers:

Trends of Culture - Trendz..
    Scientifik - Criminal
    There's a bootleg of the Trendz LP that comes with a picture cover. So does the Traffic Entertainment Group reissue of Scientifik's "Criminal".

DWG Warrior
    Stilts, reckon you could do something dope with Tuff Crew - My Parta Town & Krown Rulers - Paperchase

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov View Post
    There's a bootleg of the Trendz LP that comes with a picture cover. So does the Traffic Entertainment Group reissue of Scientifik's "Criminal".
    Ah totally overlooked those. Only have the promo versions with the stickers. Although I have to say, I kind of grown fond of the sticker covers in a way. And also for 12"s (singles), the plain label covers of labels like Profile, Tuff City, Mad Sounds and so on always made/make it easy to spot them while digging. So in a way thats dope too.

We should do a thread on (good) records you wished had a different picture cover..