Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    ^ yeah I remember that press release, Ed and Freestyle Records were dope, but those Big L beats just didn't sound right, almost like Show went back and tried to make something sound old.

can't get my download code to work annoyingly... site is down for maintenance!

DWG Warrior
    I remember the fuzz about the Big L/Silky Black double pack when it dropped and decided not to buy it.. only to cave in a couple of months ago, lol
    Last edited by Stylus; 01-05-17 at 06:23 PM.

Really? I don't remember hearing anything about those demos being updated/remixed, and I never thought they sounded unofficial. True, the beats seem less urgent and more controlled than Showbiz'z other early productions, but I never considered he had tampered with them. I guess naive is my middle name.

If Showbiz did change the beats then I wonder what the original tracks sounded like?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy White View Post
    Really? I don't remember hearing anything
    Ah sorry, that would be fuzz on this forum, I don't know about the real world
    Last edited by Stylus; 01-05-17 at 06:22 PM.

the details of the Big L / Silky Black can still be found here>>>

http://forum.diggerswithgratitude.co...ht=Silky+Black

Thanks for the link raredave. But I didn't see much discussion about the origin of the beats, just some vague speculation that was probably stimulated from the Top Shelf 8/8/88 fiasco. Ed Catto did state on no uncertain terms that both the vocals and beats came from 1991, so for me the jury is still out on this one.

Now I have to corner Showbiz in a room, too! It's hell being a Big L fan.

Finally picked up a copy. D/L site down for maintenance. Been like that for a while right? Anyone else struggling with that?

BC
    Bad Cop on SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bad-cop View Post
    Finally picked up a copy. D/L site down for maintenance. Been like that for a while right? Anyone else struggling with that?

BC
    Yep, wouldn't download then the site was fucked.