Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

A Favor to ask from some of the old heads in here: crate digging @ Roosevelt Record Convention

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    Rchecka you should hit up Phill Most Chill - he's bound to have a ton of pics from there.
    funnily enough i listened to B-Boy Document's podcast with PMC only last week, he was speaking about Roosevelt and said that he wished he had taken pictures, but he didn't have any.

DWG Warrior
    Just pulled out the wax poetics and the pictures were from one of the dealers John Carraro and the article was by Jeff Mao.

Also mentions another dealer Bobby Watlington. Might be able to track them down through Chairman Mao.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Hahahah just noticed the online version already posted contains the same info but the flicks are different.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    I got one of them off you Nige.

I reckon the only mythical raer on there is Stark Reality. Funny how the world of rare records opened up after this era.

My most wanted is probably 100 Pure Poison and hopefully in the wild as it's a UK record. Need a Baby Huey as well.

Only just picked up the Bobbi Humphrey in a local shop on Monday for less than a couple of pints.
    Yep, I remember The Meters trade Russ.

In the early 00's a large record collection came into a local guitar shop and 100% Pure Poison was in there (2 copies in fact). The new RRPG had just come out so the seller wanted 100+ for each copy based on the new RRPG. Annoyingly the previous book had the price at 30 for the LP so that damn book yet again ruined a potential bargain. Left a UK Baby Huey at a Newcastle record fair again in the early 00's for 35 as I felt I'd spent too much that day. I hadn't really, probably only 70 or so but that's when 70 felt like a large outlay. Crazy when I think about it.

I noticed you'd got the Bobbi on FB, great result. A wonderful LP. Funnily enough I bought my copy from your neck of the woods (Professor Vinyl guy) in the early 00's and that was 15.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Oh dear, I've got a grand total of 0 of them, oh well

Although I do intend to buy "The Incredible Bongo Band" at some point (I do own the CD of the reissue of it with more tracks)

Quote Originally Posted by Campag Record View Post
    Not exactly what you're looking for but a guy I know did an article on his website where he tried to establish a definitive set of records that were being bought by the producers in that early 90's period (Wall Of Fame 95). Worth a look.

http://www.forumusic.co.uk/wof_95.html
    nice - need to get some of these releases!

DWG Warrior
    Great info guys, thanks for the links and names I'll certainly pass this all along to her. That Forumusic link was really cool, thanks Compag Record. I got 30 or so of those records. Finding them all OG or reissue or even boot would be an expensive but rewarding endeavor.

Just thinking out loud, but what about Oxygen, maybe would he know about photos?

DWG Warrior
    Nice, I found the old thread about record store pics. Maybe there's something relevant here.

DWG Warrior
    I'm finding all kinds of relevant eye candy pics on this post at Steve Hoffman forums. Still nothing specific to the record fair.