Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DWG Contributor
    Cheers all - and thanks Thor!

DWG Warrior
    looks dope....i'll check for it

DWG Warrior
    My thing...is this getting produced anyway or only if you guys reach your goal of the 100% funding?
    DO-City“s Calling

DWG Warrior
    Looks stupid dope Drew.. I'm in.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    This is right up my street so I've pledged. Good stuff Drew.

DWG Warrior
    This looks pretty nice, but why is a signed copy £10 more?

You said this about the Raw Dope Posse, asking extra for a signed copy of their "Listen to my turbo" reissue

27-11-09, 09:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Drewhuge View Post
    Phill Most goes beyond the call of duty to illustrate the covers, so it's worth the price. I wouldn't pay one red cent to get an 'autograph' unless, as Fecam and Shaker say, it's something special. Most artists are happy to autograph items for free - Schoolly D, Jazzy Jeff, Pete Rock and Chuck D didn't ask me for money to sign a record, they know how to treat fans. Maybe if they're autographed in the first place, at the regular price, you'll sell more. After all, you dudes did one great record a heck of a long time ago - you're hardly legends with people clamouring for a napkin you've used. Put the unreleased material out at a reasonable price and people here will buy it, the OG of your 12" goes for little more - and often less - than you're asking for a reissue. I know I'm reiterating some of the above points, but I think it's worth labouring them. The people on this forum buy records - a lot of records - but don't want to be treated as clowns and are generally pretty discerning.

DWG Contributor
    Because I don't own the publishing house that is doing this. Because if I did, I'd do signed copies for zero extra money, as I do with copies of Wiggaz, which I own. Because this is their standard MO with all their projects - as it is with most publishing houses. Because their funding levels are pre-set and I don't get to dictate them beyond providing items for the upper levels.

Still, Pete, glad you feel free to ask me questions considering you didn't have the politeness to respond to my last three emails about the Akinyele instrumentals I provided to you. Feel free to drag up irrelevant 8 year old threads which are about people charging just to sign records they already have - something I'm not doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post
    This looks pretty nice, but why is a signed copy £10 more?

You said this about the Raw Dope Posse, asking extra for a signed copy of their "Listen to my turbo" reissue

27-11-09, 09:39 AM

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by uralone View Post
    My thing...is this getting produced anyway or only if you guys reach your goal of the 100% funding?
    Only if we reach the goal. I'm getting a lot of people emailing me saying, 'where can I cop it' - literally nowhere unless people back it. The funding pays for the initial print run, photography, legal clearances and some of the giveaways (some we're just providing ourselves). We don't see a penny in profit from the initial funding run or print run - we get a percentage of gross profit of general sales once it's funded and gets distributed by Penguin/Random House. If it gets fully funded, I have to do the work on it, write it etc, if if then sells zero extra copies I don't see one penny - at all.

DWG Warrior
    Drew. You’re a white man, in a black man’s world.

(I assume) you have used your “economic privilege” to acquire many items from Hip Hop’s history over the years;

Now you want people to pay £10 for the “privilege” of your signature on this book of your acquisitions?

Question; do you consider yourself the Howard Carter of Hip Hop?

PS: the words I quoted about paying for a signature were your “own” words before – and everyone can read those clearly.

PPS: Don’t even start me on the your “Akinyele” request – I have ALL the emails right here.

PPPS: the last email I got from you was nearly 3 years ago.

Have a “wonderful” day…..