Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

Who was/is (DJ) Sandman / Sandman 118

Maybe Im one of the few people who've never heard of this guy before, but I just recently stumbled upon this DJ/Producer called Sandman (shoutouts to Spek for the nice Strictly Ammo mix that featured one of this beats with a Methodman freestyle). He self-released a bunch of 12"s during the mid-/late 90ies (also on Amazing Records), all of which are freestyles or freestyle-like tracks, featuring a lot of the "greats" of that time, e.g. Big L, Lost Boys, Q-Tip...

Was this guy a radio host of some show or just a mixtape DJ with lots of connections? His productions are above average throughout but he didnt release anything else other than two features on two 12"s in the early 2000s.

DWG Warrior
    He doesn't seem to be quite as well known as the likes of Clue, S&S, Doo Wop etc. Only had 1 tape (Vol 120: Mission Impossible) of his back in the day which was the first place I heard Hit Em Up. I just searched him and it turns out it's on Soundcloud

Even though 120 suggests he had a ton of tapes out it doesn't look like many have appeared online so I guess could explain why he isn't that well know. There's only 3 tapes listed on the F Your Mixtape database

http://www.f-yourmixtape.com/dj-sandman/

DWG Warrior
    Far as I know he was always just a mixtape DJ from around the way. Him and his brother Dirtman, who did a lot of the beats as well, had a spot on 118th in South Harlem in the mid-nineties to maybe the early 2000s.