Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

DJ Cash Money leaving Hip Hop ?

Cash Money wrote this a few days ago on his Facebook page:

IT'S OFFICIAL I'M OUT OF THE GAME !! Thank you guys for all of the support through these many years..I hope I gave you guys a lifetime of enjoyment on those turntables...I have another calling in life that I must seek and this music business has become too negative for me....The music is fun but dealing with these agents & promoters is overbearing for me (personally).

I have no regrets as I have had one hell of a career...This is a soul searching decision that this business is just not healthy for me...I will be deleting my Facebook pages but will keep my website & youtube channel....I wish you all the best and much prosperity !!! I will leave this page up for a week because I have people that bought merchandise and I don't want to look dodgy until they receive there goods....Keep It Green Ya'll and I humbly say Thank You!!
    Last edited by Mo-yZ; 14-11-17 at 01:39 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Fly Fishing 4 really fugged him up..

DWG Warrior
    I wonder what his “other calling” is ? Personally when people I have known have done something like this it’s usually the result of either an undiagnosed mental health issue or a sudden religious conversion. (although some people might argue they are one and the same!)
    Anyway I hope he fairs well in the future and is as much of a success in his new calling as he has been in music.
    Last edited by Imperial_Mao; 14-11-17 at 11:36 PM.

DWG Warrior
    He probably got some strange message on Facebook from a weirdo fan and he figures this FB thing ain't worth it. I've seen many a rapper and producer say "that's it, I'm out!' and then you don't see their posts for a few weeks. Most come back.

As to clumping that in with the "rap game" I'd say that's just a mood swing that will also change when the time is right. Once you love something, and not only that you're a building block of that something, you tend to come back around, maybe not professionally but at least as a hobbyist and authority on the subject. While he's never lost his touch, people aren't exactly banging on his door insisting he spins at functions either so it's probably not too big of a loss for him to at least refocus on other things.

DWG Warrior
    he's getting on a bit, can see why he might've had enough of living out of suitcases and dealing with promoters. Maybe he's been sensible with his money over the years and can just chill.

Hip-hop is like the mafia. Or the CIA. Once you're in, you can never really leave.

DWG Warrior
    I saw him just a couple months ago at an in-store. He was spinning old Rock and Soul breaks, promoting merch that had his face on it. (No shade intended, it was fun and he sounded great.)

Not to be too cynical about this announcement, but what is he really leaving behind at this point? Not sure Cash Money has really been in the game for quite some time.

Years of late night DJ slots and gigs away from home have probably caught up with him, that stuff must really take its toll, even just doing the DJ thing at a hobby level Im really feeling the late nights these days,
    There might health issues (him or a dependant) or like Moa says above he might have found the Lord.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Maybe he's been sensible with his money over the years and can just chill.
    Something I really hope about a lot of people I like, but suspect it's not true for many.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidjazz View Post
    Something I really hope about a lot of people I like, but suspect it's not true for many.
    There's always TV/movie acting. Seems like the viable thing to do for all rap retirees.