Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    I agree with others, far too expensive unless you know it contains several worth £300 each and even then it's still not that cheap.

DWG Warrior
    Agree with the other posts. I buy odd collections from time to time but I typically buy by the crates ($80-100) depending whats in them.

DWG Warrior
    Thanks for your thoughts, guys. As I said its about 40-50 desirable ones and the rest is still musically good/interesting just doesnt go for muchmore than 10-15e. Overall nothing/not much that has unicorn status so for sure the max. price Id pay would probably be around 5 €. Would you consider that for an overall very solid collection still too much?

Ultimately I'll prob not end up going for it as Im most likely not ready to generally spend that much in one instance. Even though that boundary is yet to be broken some time..

DWG Warrior
    Why don’t you buy the few records you really want from somewhere else?

DWG Warrior
    A boutique shop like Cosmos would pay maybe a third of the median discogs / popsike price on a collection of heavy hitter records in minty condition and then sell them for the maximum or even more.

A proper record shop would pay a third and sell it for median price shifting stock and keeping everyone happy.

Most record shops would give you a pound / dollar / Euro a piece and round it up a bit. Desperate people would take the money.

The guy is taking the piss. Cherry pick the ones you really want and will pay premium for or tell him to bolt.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    it all depends whats in the collection you are buying... 200 UK pressings of Nelly records aren't the same as 200 carefully selected 'DWG Poster Joints'!
    Truth is guys like us who hand picked records for countless years will never sell our collection unless we're reduced to living in a cardboard box. The only way we'll ever see your collection or anyone in here's collection for sale is if we're dead and didn't put legal instructions in a will. I want Rare Dave's collection and I'd pay top dollar for it but those collections are never for sale ever.

Which reminds me... Let it be known that when I die I want my coffin propped up in my studio with my skeleton hands posed in the scratch position on my decks on my 2 favorite double 12"s. All my records will be sealed with me behind my locked studio door converted into some kind of sealed crypt enclosure so my wife doesn't have to smell my rotting carcass.

^ if I die anytime soon I want this thread forwarded to the feds.