Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Corridor View Post
    Maybe vinyl defects are part of the appeal to a certain section of the buying public. Some sort of rustic artisan thing. Odd.
    Haha!

DWG Warrior
    So you say it's a colored record, is it multi colored? Sometimes the colors do not blend perfectly during the pressing process and a chunk of color doesn't melt perfectly and you hear it as noise. This can be worse than noise it can result in a skip where the pigment literally sticks out too high and redirects the needle. In the big scheme of things this is why I prefer plain old black or plain clear as they more often then not don't have oddball pressing issues. But I'll take whatever color it's in as long as it plays, I'm not that picky.

It might just be some foreign debris that got lodged in the groove that was airborne at the time of the press. See if you can add a little weight to the needle and place your stylus behind the skip and push it backwards thru the skip. Sometimes that will dislodge the dust particle that can't get dislodged during normal playback because it's in the shape of a ramp sending the needle airborne. But if you hit it at the back of the "ramp" it may knock it out.

In extreme situations I've heard of people using filed down pins to manually doctor the groove and wear the skip in a way that forces it to follow the path it should but you'd have to have a super steady hand and there should be no other alternative. Sounds like that isn't the case as there are other copies available. So I'd return it for a replacement and make this copy of yours their problem to either fix or scrap or sell at a discount. Records are all uniquely imperfect so I'm sure they had no clue this was a problem but ultimately you bought a new record so you have the right to expect a full playback of the entire record.

DWG Warrior
    I need to check my copy Bobby, don't remember hearing a skip...which track / sides please?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    I need to check my copy Bobby, don't remember hearing a skip...which track / sides please?
    Towards the start of Notebook Paper, track b2