Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Are you guys seriously excited about another Nas Illmatic thing?

The beating of an extremely tedious ,overworked and now deceased equine comes to mind.

Beginning of the End - Fishman on a 12" would be nice and might grab the Timeless Legend 12" from Love Vinyl. Mark Clark 45 is nice as well.

LOL at Boz Scaggs - Lowdown on a 12". I kind of want it though.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    outside of rapping records, I would quite like the Gnod/White Hills, Bert Jansch, Sun Ra- Astro Black and Tom Wait- Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OGAll View Post
    Damn, that CMW - Music to driveby has been on my want list for ages.
    Anyone know the drop date and where?
    Record Store Day, and there's only 1000 copies, mainly in the California area only according to RSD.com's site

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Are you guys seriously excited about another Nas Illmatic thing?
    Same. I cannot imagine listening to this more than once, if that. I think my brother went to the show, maybe I'll record him telling me about it and press it onto a 7".

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    Record Store Day, and there's only 1000 copies, mainly in the California area only according to RSD.com's site
    Id wait and see.. Wasnt it last year the same case with the Big L release? 1000 copies and US only at first? Resale prices got hyped for a short amount of time and now some Euro retailers are still sitting on copies..

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Beater Pan View Post
    Id wait and see.. Wasnt it last year the same case with the Big L release? 1000 copies and US only at first? Resale prices got hyped for a short amount of time and now some Euro retailers are still sitting on copies..
    Think it was 3000 which was more than enough to go round

If the CMW is single vinyl pressing I'd pass, still tons of albums that could do with decent 2lp pressings rather than substandard pointless represses

DWG Warrior
    As much as I love it, I'm getting fucking sick of illmatic being flogged to death. I'd take a Memory Lane/Represent 12" with insts at a reasonable price bit other than that I don't know how anyone is still interested.

DWG Warrior

I came here to say this Nas record was done perfectly. 2LPs of HQ production. It sounds better than the actual show IMO (Seems like on PBS his mic was too hot). I too was sick of Illmatic but this is a completely different beast and a refreshing take. Despite your first inclinations there is surprisingly nothing corny or forced about an entire orchestra playing strings to "Life's a Bitch" Honestly this record was so well done and sounds so nice it happily reminded me of why I buy records in the first place.

That said, there was one record I was MUCH more excited to grab. The guy behind me literally growled like a rabid animal when I nabbed it but I got up at 5:30 to stand in line specifically for this record so I don't feel too bad for him. First come first served applies to many things in life and with records that are in demand it's no different.

Baby Huey - The Story of Baby Huey (2LP Run Out Groove Pressing with bonus material)

This 2LP pressing of Baby Huey contains not only a much better master of the original album but it also includes an entire disc of never before released instrumental songs related to and not related to the Baby Huey Story. This bonus disc is FIRE, I'm telling you guys. I had the cheap $8 reissue of this album and now I'll gift that to my son because THIS Run Out Groove pressing is 10x more enjoyable. If you only have a cheap reissue like myself and really like that album you may want to consider seeking this for the huge step up in sound quality and bonus material that is extra fat and funky.

Wow. Never knew about the Baby Huey release, Im definitely going to have a listen to the unreleased tracks on it if I can find them online.

I went to 4 record stores yesterday two that were involved in RSD (Love Vinyl and Flashback) and two that were not (Kristina and Eldica).
    I wasn't on the lookout for RSD stuff I just happened to be playing a gig in that area during the night so took the opportunity to check the shops in the area.

I copped some Hip Hop in Flashback:
    Kings Of Pressure / Give Me The Mike
    Doug E. Fresh And The Get Fresh Crew ‎– The Worlds Greatest Entertainer
    Both long time wants!

Bought some House and Techno from Kristina who had a great 50p section.

DWG Warrior
    I didn’t leave the house but got a couple of dope folks things reduced by 25%, and the Gnod/White Hills RSD album for about the shop price off ebay