Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    DWG Warrior
    can anyone confirm this??

DWG Warrior
    Ive heard the same thing about CMW sound quality. I got mine at hhv but wont receive it until next week or so.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I thought the CMW sounded fairly good. After listening to it several times, I stand by that thought but want to qualify it a bit. This absolutely should have been remastered for 2LP. It really suffers from the whole album on single vinyl. It could even sound better than it does as single LP had they spent more time with it.

But I would not say it sounds "bad" in any way. You won't want to mix it in the club but for listening at home, it's fine. I always wonder what kind of set up people who say any record sounds horrible are listening to when they review it. I am no audiophile by any stretch but your setup will color how you feel about the sound of any record.

My 2 cents are if you want it for playing out, skip it. If you want it to listen to at home, well the CD probably still sounds better. But if you collect vinyl and have the first two CMW and just like listening to vinyl, it will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by the_letter_d View Post
    I mentioned earlier in this thread that I thought the CMW sounded fairly good. After listening to it several times, I stand by that thought but want to qualify it a bit. This absolutely should have been remastered for 2LP. It really suffers from the whole album on single vinyl. It could even sound better than it does as single LP had they spent more time with it.

But I would not say it sounds "bad" in any way. You won't want to mix it in the club but for listening at home, it's fine. I always wonder what kind of set up people who say any record sounds horrible are listening to when they review it. I am no audiophile by any stretch but your setup will color how you feel about the sound of any record.

My 2 cents are if you want it for playing out, skip it. If you want it to listen to at home, well the CD probably still sounds better. But if you collect vinyl and have the first two CMW and just like listening to vinyl, it will do just fine.
    Thanks for the info, wish I copped it whilst I had the chance as its now out of stock at Sounds Of The Universe ahhhhh.

At least I can enjoy their first two albums, might spin Straight Checkn 'Em in a bit.

DWG Warrior
    I have the original promo of Music to Drive By and it's quiet. It's not a bad pressing per say but like all of you know Hip Hop albums this long would sound much louder with a 2LP pressing when the bass grooves have room to move. I spent a pretty penny on the OG promo years ago, I'm sure for the money they are asking for it now it's well worth buying this RSD reissue if you must have it on record. I'm also guessing that the OG pressing price will eventually drop now that it's no longer hard to find on vinyl (or it should anyways.) I'm not about to buy the RSD reissue to compare the two but I can imagine there is not much to gain sound-quality wise from paying more for the original promo 1LP.