Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

DWG Warrior

Shure to end phono line RIP M44-7

DWG Warrior
    Bad news! I found my old set of Ortofon concorde's gave really bad cue burn. Have to stock up on Shure's!

DWG Warrior
    saw this earlier, so just copped a pair

bad times

DWG Warrior
    such a shame because the replacement stylus are relatively cheap compare to others and the loudness is probably unmatched.

DWG Warrior
    Grabbed 6 which should last a few years - what’s the alternative to these? Only ever used these and Stanton 500ALs...briefly ventured on to Stanton Groovemasters but they ate records

DWG Warrior
    ^^ I heard that also about Groovemasters. Have too look into other options as I don't like Ortofon DJ stylus's or Groovemasters for the same record eating behavior. Shure M44-G are also good but not as easy to get as M44-7.

DWG Warrior
    I wouldn't worry too much...

Someone will step in to the market, to officially manufacture an "OEM" type of product - half the ones on Ebay are of that type (for instance).

What other decent (loud) alternatives are there?
    Last edited by Tha_Disc_Eater; 02-05-18 at 04:16 PM.

DWG Warrior
    do you mean like this one? remember checking with a friend who had one and the loudness compared to a shure was at least a third less
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Replacement...d=251625841573

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    do you mean like this one? remember checking with a friend who had one and the loudness compared to a shure was at least a third less
    Should clarify - yep there are people selling "compatible" ones on ebay, but I am sure someone will step in and officially produce styli to the same spec.

It's got to be worth someone's time / investment, even if its one of the current "compatible" manufacturer's stepping up their game...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    ^Those generic stylus replacements are garbage. I got some once and had to send it back because it sounded like ass. I got them off Amazon (sold as the real deal but not) and they looked exactly like that with the weird jetting out side thingy on the front so I recognize them anywhere. There is no comparable substitute for the real deal as far as I know.