Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Professor Griff is a shit rapper.

anyone disagree ?

DWG Warrior
    i liked the rap terrorist/it's a rap thing 12 on music of life & got his 2nd album on tape but think i only listened to it once & can't remember anything about it...

DWG Warrior
    J-Zone likes him, I believe!

DWG Warrior
    Im really enjoy the single from 91 "Jail Sale". Cool arrange, nice scratches on chorus and third verses got very dope lines. But yeah... overall Kwame or Willie D are much better. Peace

DWG Contributor
    I don't know... he certainly made some good records, but a lot of the credit goes to the production (much of which he also did), the DJs he was working with, and the fact that he often had other MCs on the record with him (his singles "Rap Terrorist/ It's a Rap Thing," "The Verdict" and "My Ideology/ Blackdraft/ Verbal Intercourse" are basically all posse cuts, and his third album was almost as much Society's album as it was Griff's. But when he does go out on his own, I don't listen to "Crucified" or "Jail Sale" and hear a wack MC... I'd say he's kind of average but capable, except when he'd do that self-indulgent spoken word crap.

Verbal Intercourse is a great 12"... well worth picking up, always loved that track...

DWG Warrior

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner von Wallenrod View Post
    his singles "Rap Terrorist/ It's a Rap Thing," "The Verdict" and "My Ideology/ Blackdraft/ Verbal Intercourse" are basically all posse cuts
    It's a Rap Thing was a posse cut but Rap Terrorist wasn't

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by djricochet View Post
    It's a Rap Thing was a posse cut but Rap Terrorist wasn't
    I'm pretty sure Griff only comes in at the end, and it's all other LAD members doing the early verses. Some of them are even name-checked by the DJ cuts before their verses, like JXL at the one minute mark.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner von Wallenrod View Post
    I'm pretty sure Griff only comes in at the end, and it's all other LAD members doing the early verses. Some of them are even name-checked by the DJ cuts before their verses, like JXL at the one minute mark.
    Ah ok never heard the album version, i was talkin bout the 12"