Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    It depends how the records are made. (production, mastering, material etc)

7"s are more prone to Inner Groove Distortion.
    12"s The grooves are farther apart & it can be mastered at a higher volume.

Music often get's split on a 45' as the track is to long to fit on a single side (part 1 & part 2)

They are a lot nicer to carry about. I love the little labels & art work. A sh*t tonne of music is only released on a 45, same for 12"s & cassettes!

It's all about the music.
    I get annoyed at the pointless reissues and ludicrous prices. 7" records are cheaper to make!!

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    hip hop 7" should be like this
    Attachment 9593
    just read about that in Scarface's book!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    just read about that in Scarface's book!
    still haven't read that book...anything interesting in it about the 7"?

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    still haven't read that book...anything interesting in it about the 7"?
    I believe there was some mention that it should have been a 12" but Face was just have his music on wax.

DWG Warrior
    I've got a bit bored of collecting hip hop twelves now as most of the rarer ones I want are out of reach financially so I've started collecting 45s.
    As regards hip hop 45s I've made a rule not to buy them if I already have them on twelve,as I have no desire to re buy my collection in a smaller format.
    I like to buy newer 45s by the likes of Oxygen,Jorun,PMC and people like that.I also collect the various mix 45s that people like Format and J Rocc have done.
    As an add on to this I've started collecting funk and soul 45s that have breaks on,especially ones that are featured on the UBB compilations and I have bought some fantastic 45s for a few quid and have built up a nice collection quite quickly .
    I've got quite into that side of collecting now and I think I'll stick with it.I don't mind buying reissues either,such as the recent Skullsnaps one as it was so well done.
    Another reason I like them is that they go straight into my outside letterbox without the Mrs seeing half of what I buy looool

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfatolly View Post
    ....I also collect the various mix 45s that people like Format and J Rocc have done.
    Me too, particularly the J-Rocc edits he's put out, each is super dope. I try to keep up with all of them. Heads up there is a new one I just preordered... (BTW, I rarely preorder records but his (and the Alchemist's) are in high demand and often sell out in preorder status before the ship date so I'm fine with preordering from Fatbeats in these instances.)

Preorder avail at Fatbeats.

Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    I love the little labels & art work.
    ^Absolutely this. There is something to be said about the old school style of record label logo styles that seem to be a unique trait for the format.

Case in point... (Not really Hip Hop records but to prove that point)

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    Me too, particularly the J-Rocc edits he's put out, each is super dope. I try to keep up with all of them. Heads up there is a new one I just preordered... (BTW, I rarely preorder records but his (and the Alchemist's) are in high demand and often sell out in preorder status before the ship date so I'm fine with preordering from Fatbeats in these instances.)

Preorder avail at Fatbeats.

Nice one,I'll have to check that out,the Breakbeat Lou and Breakbeat Lenny tribute 45 he did was dope.