Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I expect that's a mistake... if not it's a massive piss take out of all the people who picked up the RSD version...

DWG Warrior
    It's get on down, usually a piss take opportunity Imo.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    I expect that's a mistake... if not it's a massive piss take out of all the people who picked up the RSD version...
    I also think it's a mistake.
    With a bit of luck there will be enough to go around for those who still want it (like me).

DWG Warrior
    Get On Down has a history of dropping 2LP versions of 1LP original Hip Hop albums such as Common - Resurrection to name just one. I would guess this is another along that line.

BTW, this wouldn't be the first time that an anticipated re-release LP comes out on RSD that gets an even better (air quotes) "deluxe treatment" reissue a bit later on. When they license these recordings sometimes they do so with multiple labels after the original re-release hype has fizzled. Not that Get On Down has the quality control standards that RSD releases usually have, IMO quality sound wise, Get On Down isn't consistent, sometimes they sound good, other times ok, so 2LP doesn't always = better than 1.

DWG Warrior
    That link is dead now so Juno might have fucked up. New listing shows lp and insert.

https://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Comptons+Most+Wanted/
    Last edited by Sime; 11-06-18 at 07:25 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Was just about to say the same.

DWG Warrior
    Since this has derailed as false alarm 2LP release that never happened, is there a should-be 2LP Hip Hop classics properly reissued topic?

If so redirect me to that link else I nominate Fat Joe - Represent. So many great producers' beats stifled by the limitations of a 1LP release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sime View Post
    That link is dead now so Juno might have fucked up. New listing shows lp and insert.

https://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Comptons+Most+Wanted/
    Fuck...missed it.

just ordered from HHV, costs about a fiver more (due to postage) but dont want to miss out on this album.