Welcome to the DWG Forums.

Advice for selling

Hi there.

I'm going to a record show in Clearwater this weekend and I'm selling a whole bunch of 12s and LPs and whatnot. 45's too but those are mainly reggae doubles. Anyway, I wanted to get my input from my other record collectors. When digging for records from a private collector at a fair/show, do you guys prefer that the records be separated by genre or mixed in with everything? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

DWG Warrior
    Def split into genre if you can.

Unless it's a bargain box.

If you have a portable turntable for listening, that can always help swing a few more sales. (make em wear headphones)

DWG Warrior
    I organise my boxes by price.

People like a bargain at a fair so I always have a 3 each or 4 for 10 crate.

Price the valuables but make sure you get a low tack sticker. I made that mistake before.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Thanks Stilts and Bob Disaster. I thought about sorting it by genre too and thinking back to my record digging preference, I prefer to do it like that too because a seller can have gems but if they're mixed in with trash and I'm digging through a whole box of trash, it kinda makes me not want to dig any further. The whole point of the sale is to move a bunch of records I don't even care for anymore. I was thinking of doing 2 12"s for $5 and LPs for $5 but five LPs for $20. Sound like a good idea?

DWG Warrior
    Sounds like a plan.

Is Clearwater in Florida?

If you find a Betty Wright - The Wrong Girl 45 or a Milton Wright LP plaese to holler!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Sounds like a plan.

Is Clearwater in Florida?

If you find a Betty Wright - The Wrong Girl 45 or a Milton Wright LP plaese to holler!
    Clearwater is. If so, I'll give the seller your contact info. BTW, where is there to dig in Edinburgh? I didn't really see any places when I was there. But I found some decent spots in Glasgow. Love Missing Records. That has got to be one of my favorite spots in the world. There is another spot on Otago that's next to a pretty decent coffee shop.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by inhisownright View Post
    Clearwater is. If so, I'll give the seller your contact info. BTW, where is there to dig in Edinburgh? I didn't really see any places when I was there. But I found some decent spots in Glasgow. Love Missing Records. That has got to be one of my favorite spots in the world. There is another spot on Otago that's next to a pretty decent coffee shop.
    Cool thanks.

Missing isn't as good as it once was, it would have been Mixed Up on Otago Lane. That's the best shop in Scotland.

Edinburgh has a few spots but it's not great. If you do a search there are a couple of threads with details.

DWG Warrior
    I was up there again recently and followed your previous list Bob. Found nothing though. Had fun looking but wouldn't highly recommend any of the places particularly.

DWG Warrior
    Personally i despise raking through crates of random stuff, id def be drawn to clearly defined genre crates. As for Edinburgh, last time i was down i doubled up on a fair few Jazz Fudge and Def Jux bits in underground solushn. Not everyone cup of tea but cheap enough.
    Last edited by ijunor; 11-06-18 at 02:58 PM.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en