Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Done By The Forces Of Nature

I'm sure this has been covered on here but I cant find it.
    How is this pressing guys?

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/jung...-of/628553-01/

Just tried playing my OG this morning and its real bad, the pressing is shitty already but mine has scuffs all over it, the scuffs are louder than the music

I've not heard this album since 89ish, a friend of mine used to play the tape of it to death back in the days and I really didnt need to hear it for a long time and then when I got the vinyl it just sounded shit and I've not bothered listening for years but this morning I really wanted to hear it, put the record on, waste of time really, sound quality spoils the album

DWG Warrior
    I loved this when it dropped and then it kind of got forgotten about over the years. Copped a cheap CD copy last year and even the audio quality on that isn't great. Really needs a remastering to do it justice.

the Get On Down pressing is pretty good, keep an eye on eBay, might be cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    the Get On Down pressing is pretty good, keep an eye on eBay, might be cheaper
    thanks

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    I've got the Euro copy of Done by.. but looking at getting the US copy, is it not worth it and to go for the Get On Down version instead then?

DWG Warrior
    I'm happy with the Get on Down. It's a typical Get on Down job- sometimes I find them a little boomy

I think I got my copy from Rap and Soul via Amazon marketplace for 20. They don't have any listed there at the moment.

My original US copies are quiet but never found them as bad as most people seem to

DWG Warrior
    What a great album, I'm going to play it later.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

its been bugging me tying to remember where I got my OG pressing from as its scuffed and has a few scratches, then I remembered its one of only two good records Ive ever found in the charity shop about 100 meters from my house, so it only cost me a quid (or maybe less).
    Defo going to get this Get Down pressing, not in a rush though so will keep an eye on ebay.

DWG Warrior
    Have loved and played this since it dropped. Right up my alleyway. Masters of the game. And they developed their style and sound on that second outing. JBeez coming through.

Btw, they performed on Gilles Peterson and Soho radio recently and they haven't lost a step. Greatness.

DWG Warrior
    I almost posted a pic of my sleepy self interviewing Mike G and Sammy B in '93...