Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

Question for the UK heads

I just purchased two copies of the latest Daupe/WSG release and was charged 16 GBP for shipping (to the Netherlands) plus 10,80 GBP tax.

Can you guys tell me if the shipping prices have gone through the roof recently, and if the tax maybe has something to do with Brexit?

DWG Warrior
    we had a bit of a rant on here about it last go around, but itís not just europe that are paying the tax & high shipping costs, we get similar charges here too.

best part of 40 quid per record all told

DWG Warrior
    But are other UK located record shops/labels charging these high shipping prices and taxes as well?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov View Post
    But are other UK located record shops/labels charging these high shipping prices and taxes as well?
    how many records? (are these double record?) 2 records should be 13£ signed for, excluding cost of packaging

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov View Post
    the tax would ordinarily be included in the price of the record & it should cost around £5 to send 2 x 2LP within the UK

the cost for shipping doesnít reduce if you buy more than one unit like it does with nearly every other retailer, i presume because they employ someone to do the packing, shipping, etc.

DWG Warrior
    I thought they'd said tax was only being charged in the UK, not on ROW orders? Or is it just outside of the EU that aren't being charged tax?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    how many records? (are these double record?) 2 records should be 13£ signed for, excluding cost of packaging
    Yeah, two 2LP's. So 16£ for signed for shipping to the Netherlands seems to be okay.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    I thought they'd said tax was only being charged in the UK, not on ROW orders? Or is it just outside of the EU that aren't being charged tax?
    I think buyers from the US also got charged, but I could be wrong.

DWG Warrior
    I think the tax pricing came about as a result of stock market speculation on future LIBOR, the chancellor's upcoming budget forecast and this seasons rapidly inflated premier league transfer market Overall analysis suggested that there will always be a market for importing limited edition pressings of massively overrated Thug Rap so they could just charge whatever they liked with minimal repercussions.

DWG Warrior
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there step.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.