Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    played them all out & performed covers of Jump Around & Walk This Way live

DWG Warrior
    yeah ive got them all, i still like them all and as soon as i can find them all in the crates im going to play them all as i havent played them for ages... except for jazzy jeff that always gets summer love.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    Got all, also have vanilla ice and mc hammer.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

no vanilla ice or hammer in my collection

DWG Warrior
    Last edited by evrokski; 11-08-18 at 07:50 PM.

Push It by Salt & Pepa is about as good as throwaway pop/dope Hip Hop gets in my opinion. Also, the first record I can remember getting excited about at a party (when it was in the charts).
    Still donít own a copy.

Jump Around (Got it.. used to play it when it first came out, not so much now)
    Rappers Delight (First record I ever bought. Still play it from time to time. The intro never loses it's magic)
    Push It (The odd time i'll play depending on the type of show it is but I never really liked this record tbh. I was all about "I'll take your Man" "I Desire" and "My Mic Sounds Nice" - Would love to remix it and dirty it up a bit though)
    Walk This Way (My least favorite song in their catalog.. I've played it a few times only because it does have it's place when playing rock-rap stuff although i'm more likely to play King Of Rock or Rock Box which were better rap-rock records IMO)
    Summertime (Never gets old. Great summer themed rap records can almost never do you wrong and have a long shelf life)
    Jump (Last time I played this was on the radio back when it first came out and was cutting up KRS' voice saying "Wick Wick Wack" over it..In retrospect I was just a little too harsh on them cause the track really is not that bad at all. My gripe was how they sounded like a kids version of Naughty By Nature at the time.. but the music itself is quite brilliant. I barely hear anyone play this track & I can't even recall the last time I heard a DJ play it)
    Can I Kick It (Love this track even though it's been played a little too much.. I Usually play the remix I did with Sean Paul singing over the instrumental just so people get the familiarity of "Can I Kick It" without having the OG lyrics on it. It's good to switch things up a little bit sometimes)

I own all these records. Couldn't bring myself to own any Hammer or Vanilla Ice though.

DWG Warrior
    i confess i played insane in the brain the other day for the first time in ages and enjoyed listenin to the whole track haha

in fact after reading this thread i played a few other tracks from it too, and was feeling all of em
    will ensure to safeguard further listening by limiting plays to once per decade

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorun Bombay View Post
    I own all these records. Couldn't bring myself to own any Hammer or Vanilla Ice though.
    Haha same here

DWG Warrior
    Jump Around,I think I have the twelve,can't remember but deffo have the LP,it's ok but overplayed
    Rappers Delight,yes have the twelve,and I found a 45 of it for a pound the other day and bought it,it's a must own in my opinion
    Push It, I think I have it on the Hurby comp,but I absolutely hate it
    Walk This Way,yes I have it and I love it,Raising Hell LP is brilliant and reminds me of the summer I left school
    Summertime,no I don't have it,and contrary to most people's opinion above,I hate the the record,I think they really sold out with it after doing some great stuff previously
    Jump,no,hate it
    Can I Kick it,yes I love the original version on the album,hate the bloody Norman Cook version that samples Ian Dury.Then again I hate most of the Norman Cook late eighties remixes he did,they sound so dated now.