Welcome to the DWG Forums.

Grandmaster Richie Rich

Did Richie Rich die some years back? Did a bit of googling and cant find anything about his death (or much about him).
    No real reason why I need to know I was just playing some of his records (he made some great ones) and vaguely remember that he died.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    I thought he died quite a few years ago, of some disease?

Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    I thought he died quite a few years ago, of some disease?
    Yeah that rings a bell, thanks.

Got very vague memories of him coming here to Plymouth one night as a judge for some kind of talent contest, it was a very cooperate affair and remember being surprise when they announced on the the judges on the panel was Richie Rich, cant remember anything else about the night though.

DWG Warrior
    The English DJ? Not dead that I know of. I've heard from a few people that he round religion and doesnt want anything to do with his past (sold his vinyl etc). No online presence at all either as far as I can tell.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    was he a 'Grandmaster'?
    For his first two releases he was, "Check it Out" & "Don't be Flash" both really good records

OK, I thought that Theodore and Flash had to give the nod or something...

DWG Warrior
    Haha, suddenly it's just come to me, I was getting confused with Derek B who died, Richie Rich as said earlier is still alive