Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monie Love

Monie Love

Whats good in her back catalogue ?

I Can Do This (Down Town Mix) - Hard as fuck and one ive played out many times over the years.

Feels So Good - Great Go-Goish track and again one Ive played out a load of times.

I'll Drive You Crazy - Cool track Fine Young Cannibals related track.

I was going to add Monie In The Middle as I used to think it was OK but just played it and its not aged well.

The reason I ask is I saw shes playing next week and Im probably in London that night with nothing to do during the evening and Im considering going, but must admit Im only mildly interested.

DWG Warrior
    Remember liking the album when it came out ( i was 11-12). Not sure how well its aged but theres some Beanuts production on there if i remember right.

Dont Funk Wid Da Mo

Second album is interesting as it's mostly Marley and K-Def on production... much better than I remember it being although nothing amazing, sounds like she's trying too hard on a lot of it...

theres an unreleased track with Ice T called 'Bullets Carry No Names', anyone remember that??

DWG Warrior
    Saw her on some dating show my wife was watching & she actually looks better now with long hair, never rated her at the time coz of her American accent so never actually even listened to either of her albums.

I liked "Detrimentally Stable" (the B side of one of her singles I believe)

I don't recall anything else that really grabbed me though.

Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    Second album is interesting as it's mostly Marley and K-Def on production... much better than I remember it being although nothing amazing, sounds like she's trying too hard on a lot of it...
    Wow I had no idea there were good tracks on the second album as I didn't even know there was a second album and looking at the cover I wouldn't even have checked it if Id stumbled upon it. Now having checked the tracks that I could find online yes there are some good tracks on it! I'm well surprised! Will happily pay a quid or two should I ever see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorun Bombay View Post
    I liked "Detrimentally Stable" (the B side of one of her singles I believe)

I don't recall anything else that really grabbed me though.
    wow I like this!

I see its off her debut album and luckily the guys in the states it got put on the b-side of Monie In The Middle, over here its only available as an album track (as far as I can see)
    Last edited by francois parker; 25-08-18 at 01:54 AM.

DWG Warrior
    ^^that is dope. I haven't thought about her in years, I remember a tape being passed around school with "doin our own dang" and "my sister"? If memory serves me right the tape also had ice t and nwa on it sitting neatly with de la, tribe etc. Oh those halcyon days.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    This posse cut feat Monie from a couple of years ago still bangs.
    Just got off the phone with Nas.