Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Wink I Still Get Stupid To the Humpty Dance

"Alright stoppa whatcha doin, cuz I'm about to ruin, the image and the style that your used to."

Listened to this song for the millionth time today on my way to work on the classic mixtape Cash Money Brothers V.3 and I re-realized the following things about this song.

A. It's incredibly dope and has always been incredibly dope even when it was killed by radio. "And my sound's laid down by the Underground"

B. It has (arguably) thee best bassline in Hip Hop history and unarguably the best bassline in all of pop radio friendly Hip hop pop songs (Hit songs) "Let me hear a little bit of that bass groove right here"

C. The lyrics are still funny all these years later. "Yeah, I called ya fat. Look at me, I'm skinny It never stopped me from gettin' busy"

D. Longevity, diverse appeal. Has a timeless sound that puts a smile on the face of all generations this many years later and as a DJ I've witnessed countless old geezers get stupid to this song. "Anyone can play this game" "No two people will do it the same"

E. It's in my top 3 all time favorite radio friendly pop hit rap songs if not number one. "I use a word that don't mean nothin', like looptid"

...Which brings me to the point of the thread.

Best / most fun pop rap song ever?

I don't think I wanna know a man who doesn't like the humpty dance. No shame in saying that to this day this is the only rap song I'll do karaoke. I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack. But sometimes I get ridiculous.

DWG Warrior
    Hard to beat rchecka.

DWG Warrior
    Great song!

DWG Warrior
    For how goofy and silly it is, it knocks pretty hard

DWG Warrior
    Money B might be the most unsung / underrated in Hip Hop despite just being a freaky stoner obsessed with P Funk.

He’s a Genius.

And talking of unsung Bay Area Genius I just went to see Sorry To Bother You and it was brilliant. Boots Riley for Supreme Leader after the fall of late stage capitalism with Humpty as head of the politburo.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    It has (arguably) thee best bassline in Hip Hop history and unarguably the best bassline in all of pop radio friendly Hip hop pop songs (Hit songs)
    as sampled by the spice girls

Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    Best / most fun pop rap song ever?
    I did the 40th of an American female tonight & she had a lot of this kind of thing on her playlist. Tone Loc, Salt 'n' Pepa, Run DMC, Sir Mix A Lot, Vanilla Ice. All obvious stuff but you could add Young MC & MC Hammer as well.

Yes, itís a brilliant record. Loved Vin-rocís routine with it in the (98 or 99) ITFís.

DWG Warrior
    great track. Didn't get that crossover success in the UK like it did in the US so not quite as over played.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    great track. Didn't get that crossover success in the UK like it did in the US so not quite as over played.
    Conversely Same Song was a hit in the UK whereas it wasnt in the US, i remember the DJ at the 1st club i went to in '95 playin Same Song along with OPP & Jump Around

DWG Warrior
    The whole song should have been a Hip Hop Quotable in The Source.

Also an amazing video.