Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Leaving the cover out of the picture, I will say I am glad I ordered it. It was a little pricey but the vinyl quality and cover (not talking about the pic on the cover) are real nice. Sounds good too. The inside of the gatefold would have been better as the whole front and back or leaving it the same as the original would have been muuuuuuuch better. My only real gripe (assuming I will replace the cover) is that they used the remix of Street Life instead of the original. Would have preferred the original as the album was originally released.

As a side, they did pack it real good for international shipping; if anybody is on the fence about ordering.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djricochet View Post
    Why was this not released on vinyl at the time? I've got it on vinyl but it doesn't look like either of the versions on discogs. It's not a white label but it's mostly white & possibly green, will have to check the next time i'm at my parents. Are the unofficial versions worth a lot? I seem to remember getting a 3xdope album at the same time that looked similar.
    The green and white one (I think you're referring to the hype stickers on the white cover) which I believe originally came as a double pack with the Trendz-Album from Trends of Culture went for prices around/above 100 EUR if I remember correctly from pre-Discogs-Bootleg-banning days. The Trendz album wasnt really pricey which was probably due to the fact it got released officially on Mad Sounds.

DWG Warrior
    The white labels with Trendz are UK bootlegs.

Same time as the Diamond D, KMD, Organized etc

They sold them in Fopp shops back in the day by the bucket load, don't think they are worth anything.

This should have been the reissue cover.

Capture Trag.JPG
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    I always thought the double pack was a The Ruf special. Pretty sure he had them on his list and the sticker is a similar design to Jeep Beat Collective/Mindbomb stickers

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Diamond D I know for a fact was The Ruf, and he did a lot more beside this one aswell, so it could well have been The ruf that did the double pack.
    He took the sound quality direct from the current released CD.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Corridor View Post
    I always thought the double pack was a The Ruf special. Pretty sure he had them on his list and the sticker is a similar design to Jeep Beat Collective/Mindbomb stickers
    Great spot never thought of that. Dodgy geezer in my experience. Only time I had to return a record due to grading. His EX is VG-
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Great spot never thought of that. Dodgy geezer in my experience. Only time I had to return a record due to grading. His EX is VG-
    I always got on well with him in the list days and never had any issues. Met him a couple of times in the mid-nineties and he was a nice bloke but I haven’t had anything from discogs.

DWG Warrior
    People shouldn't buy records from Dave The Ruf incase he uses the money to fund any of his own terrible music.

#ChessNotCheckers

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    People shouldn't buy records from Dave The Ruf incase he uses the money to fund any of his own terrible music.

#ChessNotCheckers
    LOL
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post

#ChessNotCheckers
    I always used to get his lists back in the day,he always used to make his Jeep Beat and Mindbomb releases sound amazing in the description,I never bought any,but often see them at record fairs.
    I take it they aren't that good then ?