Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DWG Warrior
    whats the deal with this one? Can't find info in the forum or anywhere: https://www.discogs.com/Ron-B-3-And-...lease/13030340 Any information would be appreciated

We've not released any information on that release yet so you've not missed anything...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    ^^ Holy fuckin moly!!!!!!
    this!

DWG Warrior
    Heard about this from an FBer months ago, thought it had turned out to be a myth. Wasn't really happy to hear about it in this way tbh.

DWG Warrior
    May I ask why not a 12” release on Stitch By Stitch?
    Just got off the phone with Nas.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by grass View Post
    May I ask why not a 12” release on Stitch By Stitch?
    peep Shaker's response on the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    For people who keep asking after a Ron B 12"... I'm trying to secure more copies from the plant, but I don't know if it's going to be possible (not surprisingly they're not massive fans of orders of 20 units!) and even if it is they won't magically appear overnight so please be patient... nothing is going to happen until the end of April at the earliest and everything will be announced on here (and likely on social media too)...

Why didn't we go ahead and press Ron B as a 12"? A number of reasons:

1 - the two instrumentals are really 'dubs' and a complete waste of vinyl in my opinion so there's only two tracks really worth having on the repress, which obviously works well for the 7" format

2 - my impression is most people would much rather pay 10-15 shipped for a 7" than 25-30 shipped for a 12" of the same music... shipping is expensive nowadays, especially if you're not in the UK, being able to use 'large letter' rates on a 7" helps keep shipping costs down

3 - nobody buys 12"s! Yes I know there are 50 or so of us on here that LOVE the format (as do I) but the numbers speak for themselves, we regularly sell WAY more 7"s than we ever have of any 12" we've ever put out, suggesting most people prefer 7"s (probably because of the lower cost)

Hope that provides a bit more colour to the decision making process... hopefully we can get enough 12" copies made up to keep fans of the format happy...

Shaker

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    peep Shaker's response on the other thread
    Thanks! Great answer!
    Just got off the phone with Nas.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by grass View Post
    Thanks! Great answer!
    makes perfect sense really and even though i was lucky enough to get the 12, i'll be copping the 7 too