Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    This:
    https://www.discogs.com/Electric-Lig...e/master/21680

From the tip of Cape Wrath to the toe of Dungeness - this is in every shop. I don't actually mind it, as it goes, but this record is everywhere.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post
    Never see any good CD's......

90's / 00's Ibiza Mixes.....everywhere.
    Plus Cream Classics compilations in abundance in every northern charity shop.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    I get more upset by crooks like Oxfam charging stupid money for badly graded records that I might want.
    What Bob said, went past my local one by work on lunch for teh lolz
    Best of Blondie £12
    Peddlers £30
    Charles Mingus 80's cheapy repress £25
    ELO 2 £25 if you're interested Copacetic

DWG Warrior
    There is a copy of the first Ned Doheny LP that's been in the 'Rarities' section of the main Oxfam music shop here over a year now.

It's a VG reissue Japanese copy with a bashed cover and ripped OBI strip Median £25 on Discogs and it's priced at £35.

I asked the manager to explain why it was so expensive and that I would give them £20 for it and he refused because he is an arrogant cunt.

No one else is even interested in that shite Yacht Rock record except me.

FUCK OXFAM and there £100K+ a year directors who partake in child prostitution.

I still take great glee that I found Demon Fuzz on Dawn in there for £1.99. GIRFUY

'But, but thats been priced wrong' Nae luck dick splat
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Nice bit of karma

Also an Andy Feet LP in the window, highest its sold for on discogs is £3 so lets price it at £12! I didn't check the condition of anything but will guess they're mainly trashed

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    There is a copy of the first Ned Doheny LP that's been in the 'Rarities' section of the main Oxfam music shop here over a year now.

It's a VG reissue Japanese copy with a bashed cover and ripped OBI strip Median £25 on Discogs and it's priced at £35.

I asked the manager to explain why it was so expensive and that I would give them £20 for it and he refused because he is an arrogant cunt.

No one else is even interested in that shite Yacht Rock record except me.

FUCK OXFAM and there £100K+ a year directors who partake in child prostitution.

I still take great glee that I found Demon Fuzz on Dawn in there for £1.99. GIRFUY

'But, but thats been priced wrong' Nae luck dick splat
    just carefully remove the sticker from a cheap item and place it on top of the expensive one or remove the expensive one.
    oxfam stickers are quite easy to remove if i remember correctly

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    just carefully remove the sticker from a cheap item and place it on top of the expensive one or remove the expensive one.
    oxfam stickers are quite easy to remove if i remember correctly
    hahahaha robbing from charity shops, I would never do such a thing

They keep the rarities beside the counter out of the sleeve and have a little gollum book to check up anyway.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    "(Buyin old records is a habit) -- Diamond D
    But if I can't afford to pay, I'll bag it" Juju from the Beatnuts

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Nice bit of karma

Also an Andy Feet LP in the window, highest its sold for on discogs is £3 so lets price it at £12! I didn't check the condition of anything but will guess they're mainly trashed
    It’s not just “Cheridy” shops that’s doing this now....

I chanced upon a large (mainly mint) 70’s Rock collection in an "Antiques" shop in a sleepy west-country town a couple of years ago and swiftly hoovered up all the decent albums the guy had for sale on the day.

The owner was offering a “15% discount” on the collection, which came in that week (supposedly)– but I watched him use his calculator totting up the total cost of what I picked out; he took 15% off, twice!

So I grabbed a whole load of decent albums e.g. a (seemingly) never played copy of Billy Squier’s “The Tale of The Tape” for £4 and Babe Ruth’s “First Base” for £7, (with the discounts).

I went back there this year and the seller had ramped all the prices up; for instance, he had a hilariously priced (battered) copy of Pink Floyd’s “Wish You Here” and some crappy condition Beatles albums (one labelled “rare Portuguese version”) with a cover that looked it had been soaked in piss; all priced in the £25-30 range.

I have no doubt if I go back there again next year, the same records will still be there, festering in his shitty shop, with the Toby Mugs, Framed Dog Paintings, Brass "Horse" and "Fire" items and all the other assorted, pointless shit these places seem to accumulate…..

DWG Warrior
    Some amazing replies here!
    On a trip to Yorkshire and can confirm charity shops stock strieseland, Miller, the carpenters , James Galway(and James last of course) , and an insane amount of Hammond and Wurlitzer LPs . So many !