Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Two new DWG test pressings up for grabs tomorrow - Sunday 24th March 4pm (GMT)

Folks, I've got two DWG test pressings up for grabs tomorrow afternoon, 20 copies of each available, here's the info:

DWG028 Ron B - Stitch By Stitch 12" Test Pressing (40)
    This one needs no introduction! We did a run of 12" test pressings of this before changing our mind and deciding to release it as a 7" (coming soon). Track listing is identical to the original vintage 12".

PLEASE NOTE: These test pressings play around 1% faster than the O.G. 12", not a big deal but in the spirit of full disclosure we thought we'd better let you know.

DWG7015 - Mystery 7" (30)
    So here's the deal with this one. We thought we had secured a deal to release this incredible two track 7" so went ahead with test pressings. Subsequently however, the people we believe to be the rights holders have gone quiet on us and so at the present time a full release is not scheduled. We're therefore selling off some test pressings to cover project costs to date. We are not going to disclose the artist or track names at this point as we are still hoping to revive a deal for a full release and don't want to jeopardise that process. You WILL NOT be disappointed if you take a chance on this, but you are going to have to trust us on that!

PLEASE NOTE: We are still trying to secure a full release for this 7" so you accept the risk that this might not turn out to be as rare as it otherwise would be if it that full release happens.

We appreciate the prices are on the high side but as mentioned above we are trying to cover our costs with these and they will likely go on to become two of our more sought after releases given the limited numbers.

If you're worried about missing out on both then remember the Ron B will be getting a 7" release very soon so you'll get another chance at that (there will be enough to go around). With the mystery 7", this might be your one and only chance and the music is of equal stature to Ron B and even harder to find the OG release, so if it were us we'd try to get that one.

Both records will be available in the Boogie Down Barnes store here:

https://boogiedownbarnes.bigcartel.com/products

DWG Warrior
    Awesome

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Calender entry has been made, i certainly do not want to miss the RON B

DWG Warrior
    The "mystery" DWG7015 track is of equal stature to "Stitch By Stitch" IMHO.

DWG Warrior
    YES!!!!!!

DWG Warrior
    Lovely...

DWG Warrior
    What year is the mystery 7" from ?

DWG Warrior
    Ya got me .. I’m in ��
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

Quote Originally Posted by jem357 View Post
    What year is the mystery 7" from ?
    We don't actually know the precise year, the main sample is from '89 so I would date it as early 90's... possibly late '89...