Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

Why is Lord Finesse re-releases the same music for the past 10 years on different formats?

I am a big supporter of Lord Finesse, not on his early stuff but more mid-90's production as those where my adolescent years.
    Every time I see his new releases on Slice of Spice records, I could swear it is the same 5-7 tracks. Maybe is first album disected and diced in black vinyls, color vinyl, square vinyl, spade vinyl releases etc. Why doesn't he release new material instead. I wonder because he his so nice on the mic with the punchlines. I would argue that he's the punchlines OG. I 've just bought the new Real Live (K-Def and Larry 0) 45-inch, new music. Same with Jigmastas 45 inch 2 years ago. What's up with Finesse?

DWG Warrior
    that is the $64M question pal

maybe he just doesn't fancy himself anymore to keep it on the same level as his previous output

DWG Warrior
    Can't remember if he said he'd retired from writing / recording new raps? He still performs them live though so worth seeing if he tours near you. Jigmastas released a full LP after that 7" that I still need to pick up and waiting for a release date on the SPOX PhD album

DWG Warrior
    ^^^Finesse is definitely worth seeing live (dj set as well), very clear delivery, top notch live show

DWG Warrior
    and he does all verses of a song live back2back...sadly the Underboss LP been in talks forever...

DWG Warrior
    @Cro, good news on the SPOX PhD album. Didn't know about that.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    SOS have certainly rinsed the shit out of all Finesse material on every format known to man .

As manphat said he probably doesn't fancy himself anymore as per his previous quality releases.

I'm sure new material from him would be dope though. The world needs a new Finesse album!!

DWG Warrior
    Speaking of Finesse, I just saw that there was a album out of Marquee. I used to love that chick's voice on her featured tracks on "The Awakening". She still got it.

https://www.discogs.com/Marquee-Femm...master/1327535

DWG Warrior
    Even an album of Finesse producing with other rappers on there might be nice

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by khadafi View Post
    Speaking of Finesse, I just saw that there was a album out of Marquee. I used to love that chick's voice on her featured tracks on "The Awakening". She still got it.

https://www.discogs.com/Marquee-Femm...master/1327535
    Yeah, that album is nice. Beats by Kyo Itachi and Venom, and one by Finesse.