Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by efi4eye View Post
    Dizzee Rascal
    He got to 32 in the US chart with a Shakira feature, it was a worldwide smash but strangely not released in the UK

DWG Warrior
    Did Roots Manuva ‘Dreamy Days’ get a US release?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    Did Roots Manuva ‘Dreamy Days’ get a US release?
    not as far as i know but i can see from lookin on discogs that Witness was released in Canada

DWG Warrior
    I'd like to say that I'm proud of you all for the fact that no one has mentioned Slick Rick as a "UK Rapper"

DWG Warrior
    I'd like to say that I'm proud of you all for the fact that no one has mentioned MF Doom as a "UK Rapper"

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    They tried to push Merlin in the US, releasing his awful album over there with different artwork and surprisingly a few different tracks to the UK release, so its got me wondering if there are any gems on the US version.
    Ok so i bought the cd & it was well worth it! The 7 new tracks are UK's Finest, You Blow My Mind, I Will Never Leave You, Ain't No Friend, I Will Never Leave You (Inst), Think About It & The Power. UK's Finest is HARD, one of the best merlin tracks i've heard & up there with Born Free, Drop The Pressure & Bust Da Move. The other new tracks are unfortunately drivel. I relistened to the original uk version & would say there are 6 decent tracks on it so you could actually make a decent 10 track version with UK's Finest & the 3 aforementioned tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by djricochet View Post
    Ok so i bought the cd & it was well worth it! The 7 new tracks are UK's Finest, You Blow My Mind, I Will Never Leave You, Ain't No Friend, I Will Never Leave You (Inst), Think About It & The Power. UK's Finest is HARD, one of the best merlin tracks i've heard & up there with Born Free, Drop The Pressure & Bust Da Move. The other new tracks are unfortunately drivel. I relistened to the original uk version & would say there are 6 decent tracks on it so you could actually make a decent 10 track version with UK's Finest & the 3 aforementioned tracks.
    Thanks for the info.

DWG Warrior
    Join The Dots / Ital Visions got a US release too, guessing because of the Chali 2na feature. The Canadian Witness 12" was the only way to get the inst for a long time but bizarrely if discogs is to be believed its on this 10th Anniversary 12" but no OG vocal version!

Did he chart in the States?

DWG Warrior
    The Streets 2nd album got to 82 in the US Billboard album chart.

Boy In Da Corner got to 14 in the US Indie charts.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Did he chart in the States?
    I don't think so