Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Lol Zammo was on the Brown not the devils lettuce.
    Did anyone see Zammo on EastEnders the other week and notice that just before he walked in one of the cast (Think it was Shirley) was singing the well known heroin anthem “There she goes” by the The La’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    REGGAE IS CANCELLED
    Well there was a time when I might have happily canceled the reggae flavored tracks on hip hop albums, but to save the good ones and the careers of rent-a-rastas I'll un-cancel Reggae and just skip tracks like Roots Rap Reggae and Black Cop.

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    so what exactly made you think that some rappers could have made better music if they didn't?
    Well I didn't say that some rappers could have made better music if they didn't smoke, I raised the question 'how much better would rap have been if rappers were not stoners'. Its perfectly logical that rap could have been better without rappers smoking weed and on the flip-side that rap could be worse without rappers smoking weed. Though hard to quantify one of those statements is true though the result would almost certainly be subjective.

as an aside:

Did you hear the story of Big L and I think it was Latifah driving around town trying to score some weed, if I remember right they were having trouble scoring and when they finally scored Big L admitted that he didn't really want it that much as hes not 'that' into smoking, and Latifah agreed. Something like that anyway.
    Last edited by francois parker; 18-06-19 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling

DWG Warrior
    Think that was Mos Def and Bahamadia which explains alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Mao View Post
    Did anyone see Zammo on EastEnders the other week and notice that just before he walked in one of the cast (Think it was Shirley) was singing the well known heroin anthem “There she goes” by the The La’s.
    Wow, he is on Enders now! Good for him, my mate used to see him (Lee MacDonald) working in a Locksmiths shop (that said he told me this about 20 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Think that was Mos Def and Bahamadia which explains alot.
    Damn, how on earth did I get that story so wrong! My memory is crap these days.

Mos Def should have been CANCELED, he showed so much potential and failed to deliver in my opinion, though there are a few track I like on his Debut album I was incredibly disappointed by it, I really did have high hopes it was going to be something special.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    Its perfectly logical that rap could have been better without rappers smoking weed and on the flip-side that rap could be worse without rappers smoking weed. Though hard to quantify one of those statements is true though the result would almost certainly be subjective.
    it doesn't make any bloody sense what you're saying. In any case as a white man from England you can't say what rappers in America should do or not , especially regarding something that has been around since day one and continue to be present nowadays (rappers have their own strains now and make a legit living out of it). You seems to be very clueless about rap history and the story you have just mentioned doesn't make any bloody sense either : Big L trying to score with queen Latifah? when Big L was from Harlem and they had Branson around the corner or could have asked anyone in NFL (Killa Cam was selling weed before he started rapping and Cam was Big L homie) ? you literally have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    Big L trying to score with queen Latifah?(
    Haha yeah it does sound unlikely, Im defo not remembering something about the story right.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    Wow, he is on Enders now! Good for him, my mate used to see him (Lee MacDonald) working in a Locksmiths shop (that said he told me this about 20 years ago).
    I think it was just a cameo as he was dropping some Spice Girls tickets off for Mick Carter, I know far too much about this, blame my lass. Ha ha.