Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Rappers ruining their legacies

Golden era rappers are testing all the goodwill they've built up over the years and in some instances are making it harder to enjoy their classics

Rubbish new material that tries and fails to be contemporary
    Poor live shows
    Questionable/tedious social media content
    Phoning in a guest verse for any struggle rapper with a enough money to toss their way

Is there anyone you used to love but can't listen to now?
    When Kool G Rap or Sadat X pops up with a cameo on some bork producer's album are you even interested in hearing it anymore?
    Did you think Erick Sermon's voice on that recent album sounded terrible and he should've just stuck to producing?
    Have you even checked for any of Kool Keith's albums in the last 10-15 years? I recently noticed he's dropped 2 albums a year at times.
    Is Chuck D's twitter feed actually quite dull?
    KRS One FFS

DWG Warrior
    It is probably hard to accept for a "veteran" that the hip hop culture today is a lot smaller than in the mid 90s and that what's left of it has changed significantly in sound, marketing and characters. In order to release a new album veterans have to make a choice if they record a sound for the original fans or for the next generation. The old fan base is small, sales between 300 and 1000 copies are usual, not a few 100k like back in the days. From the new heads they don't get any credits for who they are ... its a start from zero.
    Last edited by Mytee Thor; 11-06-19 at 06:37 PM.

DWG Warrior
    I saw a KRS show a few weeks ago and thought he was super dope.. put in the work and entertaining throughout.
    Im not really going to be checking pany new stuff but his classic back catalogue wont be sounding boring to me any time soon.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    I thought it was established the KRS One is basically a nonce and is officially CANCELLED.

13 and bad.

f2201354fd834f4c83b4b78d8f670af4.jpeg
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^this

I remember I used to wish that my old school/golden age heroes would come back and drop a album/track/verse, these days I wish the opposite.

DWG Warrior
    check DR. DOOOM 2 and DR. OC 2...plus the wremix

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    I thought it was established the KRS One is basically a nonce and is officially CANCELLED.

13 and bad.

f2201354fd834f4c83b4b78d8f670af4.jpeg
    Do you work for The Sun
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by record-sniffer View Post
    Do you work for The Sun
    Wat? I wouldn't even wipe my arse with the Sun.

Although Murdoch also loves a sex case he backs the Trumps Republican Party and the Tories which are both riddled with kiddie fiddlers.

I was only making a joke, sorry to offend anyone's tender 'True School' sensibilities by pointing out that KRS One is a wrong-un.

I still like his records, Planet Rock, Wacko, James Brown and Ike Turner. Doesn't make them any less reprehensible as people but I separate the Art from the person.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Wat? I wouldn't even wipe my arse with the Sun.

Although Murdoch also loves a sex case he backs the Trumps Republican Party and the Tories which are both riddled with kiddie fiddlers.

I was only making a joke, sorry to offend anyone's tender 'True School' sensibilities by pointing out that KRS One is a wrong-un.

I still like his records, Planet Rock, Wacko, James Brown and Ike Turner. Doesn't make them any less reprehensible as people but I separate the Art from the person.
    Chill though.. how you gonna compare KRS to accused pedophiles and wife beaters? Has he actually done anything other than still kinda support Bambaataa and talk some crazy shit now and then?