Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    this one is legit , confirmed by Canns if I remember in a thread on this forum, has F/W stamps and all...the quality is rough but that's how it is, you won't get anything better.
    https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Understa...elease/9031072

Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    this one is legit , confirmed by Canns if I remember in a thread on this forum, has F/W stamps and all...the quality is rough but that's how it is, you won't get anything better.
    https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Understa...elease/9031072
    yeah, that's legit, as is this >>> https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Escobar-...elease/1358626

DWG Warrior
    would quite enjoy seeing the social media response to some Bitch Haters Club material

DWG Warrior
    Damn, didn't realise Easy Mo Bee produced Dice Game, any idea who produced Understanding? (Soz probably covered already!)

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Damn, didn't realise Easy Mo Bee produced Dice Game, any idea who produced Understanding? (Soz probably covered already!)
    probably Biz Markie as he did this one which has the same beat (think BB pointed this one out)

DWG Warrior
    cheers makes sense but a bit weird if he'd already used it even if promo only. Nas and AZ ever spoken about it or how they came to work with Biz? Can't find / remember anything

DWG Warrior
    would love to hear Biz's version of events. Probably involves him having an acetate of an alternate version of Life's A Bitch featuring Biggie and 2Pac.

DWG Warrior
    Large Professor: “I was involved in an earlier version of [‘Life is Like a Dice Game’] where he didn’t actually name it ‘Dice Game.’ We did it over the same sample as Junior M.A.F.I.A.’s ‘Get Money,’ the original [version]. It was earlier though. I had hooked it up. Everyone was [still] going to those record conventions, so records would come in waves. And I was catching a lot of those records earlier, and knowing to freak them early. But it never [was released with that beat]. I think that’s the same session we did 'Understanding.'
    “That [sample] was Biz’s idea. Biz called me one day, and was like, ‘Yo! You know what would be dope? To get Nas to rhyme over that Grover Washington joint.’ And I was like, ‘Word? You think so?’ And then I called Nas, and was like, ‘Yo, this is what Biz said.’ And he was like, ‘Then we gotta do it.’
    “So I hooked the beat up, and we went to the Greene Street Studios, and knocked it out. We never mixed it or took it through the whole process, it was just a flinger. But Grandmaster Vic was there, Biz was there, AZ. Raekwon came through [to hang out]. Nas was just starting to work on It Was Written. Those were sessions between Illmatic and It Was Written. That was one of the first sessions when he started getting in the swing of working again.”
    I guess Large Pro should get the credit

DWG Warrior
    In the original interpretation.

Producer = Biz
    Engineer = Large Pro
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.