Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

UGK The Southern Way - Smoke on records

UGK The Southern Way - Smoke on records

Has anyone ordered this? After a couple of others i have bought the quality hasnt been great but i need this in my life.
    Also want the SPC album. I might just pull the trigger
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    They are bootleggers as no way they could have licenced that from Sony or Bun B. It will be a shit tape rip pressed on wax better just making a carver for yourself with files off Soulseek if you want a record so bad.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Did some investigating and it seems to be promoted by someone claiming to be Big Tyme Records in Houston. Still seems well dodgy to me but be interested to see if anyone has bought a copy.

MP45? What do you reckon?
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Apparently the K Rino and SPC are official.

I do know someone who bought the UGK i will wait for them to get it and see what they say

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Did some investigating and it seems to be promoted by someone claiming to be Big Tyme Records in Houston. Still seems well dodgy to me but be interested to see if anyone has bought a copy.

MP45? What do you reckon?
    Russell Washington still has the rights to southern way as it was released on his label as far as I know, so not Sony or Bun B.
    Even on the Get on down reissue of Too hard to swallow , Big Tyme is mentioned as a label since he still own that as well.
    As far as I know it's legit.
    The originals release was tape only so the quality won't be crystal clear , but that is then way that Pimp C originally intended the music , before Jive remixed it on Too hard to swallow.
    it's on iTunes so the quality will be the same.
    My issues are : I hate coloured vinyl and the cover looks awful.
    I've copped the k-rino and the quality is not bad imo, but the cover is that cartoon rendition bullshit.
    regarding the point blank album , it pisses me off that it took 10 years to find a copy of the sampler and now it gets reissued.
    I haven't bought them yet (they released also a south central cartel album which is actually their best and it was never on vinyl).
    regarding any other big tyme old releases : the owner thought that vinyl didn't have any more value so when he closed the club that he had where all the "old records" were stashed, he literally throw everything in trash.

DWG Warrior
    while we are on Texas, don't support this shit:
    https://sicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/stressed-out

they have "permission" from Lil randy , so it's not official as no money goes the Screwed Up tape and Records shop or any of the family of Dj Screw.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    Russell Washington still has the rights to southern way as it was released on his label as far as I know, so not Sony or Bun B.
    Even on the Get on down reissue of Too hard to swallow , Big Tyme is mentioned as a label since he still own that as well.
    As far as I know it's legit.
    The originals release was tape only so the quality won't be crystal clear , but that is then way that Pimp C originally intended the music , before Jive remixed it on Too hard to swallow.
    it's on iTunes so the quality will be the same.
    My issues are : I hate coloured vinyl and the cover looks awful.
    I've copped the k-rino and the quality is not bad imo, but the cover is that cartoon rendition bullshit.
    regarding the point blank album , it pisses me off that it took 10 years to find a copy of the sampler and now it gets reissued.
    I haven't bought them yet (they released also a south central cartel album which is actually their best and it was never on vinyl).
    regarding any other big tyme old releases : the owner thought that vinyl didn't have any more value so when he closed the club that he had where all the "old records" were stashed, he literally throw everything in trash.
    Cheers, i may well purchase then

DWG Warrior
    I want the K rino and Point Blank albums, will buy them soon. Hope the quality in Prone To Bad Dreams is decent too.

DWG Warrior
    FYI Smoke On Records can be a bit low budget but I think they are 100% legit. They officially licensed a B-sides comp for DAS EFX and they dropped Dead Serious (20 years edition reissue) recently so I think they don't make any bootlegs. I can't speak on all their releases but for sure DAS was plugging it for them and were down. They have a lot of reissues and unearthed rarities some of which I definitely want but shipping prices from Germany have been a bit of a dissuader. I think their sound quality is not terrible but not great either, kind of so-so.

Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    FYI Smoke On Records can be a bit low budget but I think they are 100% legit. They officially licensed a B-sides comp for DAS EFX and they dropped Dead Serious (20 years edition reissue) recently so I think they don't make any bootlegs. I can't speak on all their releases but for sure DAS was plugging it for them and were down. They have a lot of reissues and unearthed rarities some of which I definitely want but shipping prices from Germany have been a bit of a dissuader. I think their sound quality is not terrible but not great either, kind of so-so.
    Their shipping is a joke wherever in the world you are, they need to learn about combined shipping... my 75 Euro order is coming to 125 Euros with tax and shipping... no chance I'm paying that!