Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rchecka View Post
    Buckwild - Digging in the Crates 4LP

The question is how bad do I want it and how much shipping bullshit am I willing to go thru to get it.
    That's the one I got. Centre label issue aside, I must have listened to it no more than 5 times because of its overcompressed, flat, CD-like sound. On the aesthetics tip, the records are slightly warped, their color is emetic and the box artwork straight amateurish. Instant regret and 50 in the bin.

After a brief look I can see a pattern formed among Smoke On releases, 5-7 full tracks per side. My bet is they all sound like crap, mastered for digital and whatnot.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by speck View Post
    That's the one I got. Centre label issue aside, I must have listened to it no more than 5 times because of its overcompressed, flat, CD-like sound. On the aesthetics tip, the records are slightly warped, their color is emetic and the box artwork straight amateurish. Instant regret and €50 in the bin.

After a brief look I can see a pattern formed among Smoke On releases, 5-7 full tracks per side. My bet is they all sound like crap, mastered for digital and whatnot.
    That's great info, thanks for clearing that up on the sound quality. You saved me from this I was about to jump.

I have their DAS EFX - Straight from the Vaults LP (compilation). It's b-sides and remixes and it's inconsistent sounding. Some songs sound like they were mastered properly some sound tinny and as you described digital on vinyl doesn't work when left alone. I think it was worth it for what was good on that and I'll pick up the needle for the other stuff that sucks.

I kind of just dismissed the quality as who care's it's b-sides and rarities that never saw the light of day so I should expect mediocre quality tracks. Sometimes there's a valid reason why some of this never saw a release, the source sounded bad, and not that it couldn't be fixed but it would have been difficult to master properly given it's inherent flaws. Still some guys have the ability to work voodoo magic on the boards and probably could have done a much better job mastering it for wax.

That said, I wonder if the Dead Serious 2LP sounds good because I have been wanting an original of that forever (never gonna happen) or a better sounding reissue than the one I got. That album is one of my all time fav HH albums so I can't help but wonder about that.

They also dropped Cloud Nine and Nine Livez by Nine and I'm wondering how those sound. I have the originals so I don't need them but it seems like since they are legit and got their hands on the original master tapes it shouldn't sound like ass. But who knows, evidently some things have been mishandled by them so I wouldn't bet on it.

DWG Warrior
    Isn't the Azie a pressed up tapewrip?

DWG Warrior
    Someone should set up an online seminar on 'How to run a music label"

Topics include:

Mastering digital music to vinyl.
    (Don't press up shitty sounding mp3 rips (that have been around for years) & press them to vinyl)

Mastering any type of music to vinyl part 2
    (GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING! Some record labels need this drilling into their headz.)

Customer service techniques. (they keep you in business)

How to make a website (include sound clips)
    How to charge for shipping (don't be a c*nt)
    How to pack & ship records (the basics)
    Pre orders : the do's & don'ts

MUSIC IS EVERYTHING (Don't forget it, make it the best it can be)

*Pre orders for this seminar start in the year 3000 and cost $100
    subscribe & save. no money back guarantee. $400 DEPOSIT REQUIRED. shipping & handling costs extra TBC
    Please note i'm only in it for the money. art work TBC. No artists were paid or acknowledged.

DWG Warrior
    "If ya girl look fine ya better hide the bitch
    'Cause if I find her Ima fuckin' make her suck my dick
    That goes for ya momma and ya sister too
    And If I'm locked down in jail that might go for you!"

DWG Warrior
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzhytqhghYG/

I had the same experience ordering directly from Smoke On Records. Vinyl wrapped around newspaper. Luckily i received my order undamaged.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Madsketch; 06-07-19 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsketch View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzhytqhghYG/

I had the same experience ordering directly from Smoke On Records. Vinyl wrapped around newspaper. Luckily i received my order undamaged.
    amateur shit...

DWG Warrior
    guess they really "smoked on" when packing these up..

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djmpfortyfive View Post
    regarding the point blank album , it pisses me off that it took 10 years to find a copy of the sampler and now it gets reissued.
    There's a vinyl sampler for Prone to Bad Dreams? Or am I missing something?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by efi4eye View Post
    There's a vinyl sampler for Prone to Bad Dreams? Or am I missing something?
    Yep, I want the next one though. Hands off!
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.