Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

OC - The O-Zone files

OC just released a big ass 50 track digital set on his bandcamp with loads of freestyles, remixes, demos etc.

https://omarcredle.bandcamp.com/

DWG Warrior
    Looks good, should do some more vinyl pressings of his unreleased bits.

DWG Warrior
    Almost pulled the trigger, but at checkout I saw they added "20% tax" to the transaction - WHY?

No Sale.....
    Last edited by Tha_Disc_Eater; 14-06-19 at 06:56 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Lets hope this comes out on CD and Vinyl

DWG Warrior
    Posted this morning with track list:
    http://forum.diggerswithgratitude.co...ip-hop/page495

been listening to it all day, some super dope tracks & nice to have the o zone files to listen to on the move. (I’m very lazy when it comes to digitising my records)

Can someone verify if there's even a single track on this that hadn't already surfaced? I'm mostly interested in 1991-1994 recordings. It looks like I already have everything.

DWG Warrior
    Alot of it has been out there before but its good to get everything in one collection (and the artist gets paid if that's important to you). Be nice if more artists followed suit with similar releases.

DWG Warrior
    everything out - cd source for o-zone extras ep maybe...bonus 7 inch of Trophies included (wack shit - generic boom bap emulation by AB)

DWG Warrior
    All the early-mid 90s material has already been released by No Sleep. "Four Play" is the only one that sounds new to me, although some of the lyrics have definitely been used on something else too which I can't place right now. The most interesting moments come from 95-97 with a full, good quality OG version of "A Clear Day" (finally, still sounds like a tape rip though) and the rare remixes of Clear Day and Metal Thangz.

I'm all for artists getting paid but let's be honest, there's a whole lot of artists being involved here and I can't imagine they're all going to take a cut. I hope I'm wrong, otherwise it's a shady move. Not to mention that $20 for mp3s is kind of steep, especially since the "sourced from original masters" part is questionable; I've checked a few of the tracks and their frequency spectrum does not correspond with a HQ source. That said, loads of dopeness here and yeah, I too wish there were more examples by others. [wears the mandyas of hypocrisy and a pair of headphones and silently walks away]